Thread: DHT is NOT Connected ... Any Suggestions??

Urgent

Hi.
    I use BitComet as a torrent manager. I ve using it for a while with no problems. But lately I noticed that the DHT Network is not connected.
    I am behind LAN & Router. I use Norton internet Security 2006.
    The ports I use are open in the firewall (Windows & Norton) and Router (Port Forwarding) both UDP & TCP.
    I ve checked them & tested them & I m sure they are open.
    They are working with emule.
    I ve tried many ports still no response.
    Even changed my local IP address but still nothing.
    I need it working cause I ve torrents without trackers or offline ones.
    So I am open for suggestions.
    Thanx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    first...this font and this size i'm using aren't the default ones just because

now...u can enable DHT from the settings panel of bitcomet...and that's that
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post
    first...this font and this size i'm using aren't the default ones just because

now...u can enable DHT from the settings panel of bitcomet...and that's that
    Thanks 4 replying but I also checked that......

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You should disable DHT anywayz.....apparently it is a security measure but i am not sure if it helps much except keeping out the peers that are not registered to the tracker or something like that.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Most torrent trackers dont allow DHT to be used so it is probably disabled due to the tracker telling bitcoment its not allowed.

And you need to have a tracker in order to use the torrent file and if you have them offline then you should know that an internet connection and a tracker is needed to seed the torrent or even leech it, so I am not sure but you might need to do some research on how the Bit torrent protocol works imho.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    get a torrent from a public tracker like isohunt or torrentspy and see if the DHT works for the torrents from those sites. if they do then the torrents you got probably disabled the DHT tracker since many sites dont like them

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by decrot View Post
    get a torrent from a public tracker like isohunt or torrentspy and see if the DHT works for the torrents from those sites. if they do then the torrents you got probably disabled the DHT tracker since many sites dont like them
    Tried ur advice but still nothing....
    Thanks anyway.