Thread: Culture Shock

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I think one of the biggest culture shocks I have had so far is the Ingens, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs of solid.....blubbery stuff yet they call me "The Little White Guy"
    I must say though that knowing these guys is good, learning about different spiritual beliefs etc from Kyuga, Mohawk, Iroquois etc. I also love the way they still hold the belief that "We were here first and we'll do what the feck we want and there ain't nothing you white people can do about it" Although I find it comical their speach patterns are close to that of Essex......init.
    Pitty Britain isn't like that eh

Oh yeah and they don't got Pork Pies here

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-19-2006 at 03:26 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Yesterday I had some porkpies with red sauce and a bit of spicy sauce on top of them

When I first moved here, I was astounded at the fact that you lot eat sausages for breakfast, and blackpudding. And you put vinegar on your chips, and cheese as well.
    A roll and sausage and a sausage roll is not the same.
    People in the pub look at you funny when you just want a half pint instead of a pint.
    There's vans coming round that sell anything from candy floss to cigarettes.
    You can phone up the local off license and get booze delivered to your house.
    etc etc

3. Lounge   -   #3
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    Anyphonecall, specifically that one you weren't expecting, can be a culture shock
    mobile phone ringing = social shock.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    You're like, the typical Canadianian canuk.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    I think one of the biggest culture shocks I have had so far is the Ingens, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs of solid.....blubbery stuff yet they call me "The Little White Guy"
    I must say though that knowing these guys is good, learning about different spiritual beliefs etc from Kyuga, Mohawk, Iroquois etc. I also love the way they still hold the belief that "We were here first and we'll do what the feck we want and there ain't nothing you white people can do about it" Although I find it comical their speach patterns are close to that of Essex......init.

Jonno
    lol. you wish the descendants of the first british settlers took the piss out of immigrants that say init?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post

Jonno
    Oh come now, you know you have Kyle speaking like you do, dropping t's and calling people wankers. Hell you both do impressions of one another. I still don't know how you get away with some of the things you say though. If anyone else said the things that you do to them, they'd be in hospital - or at the bottom of a lake somewhere - yet you say them and everyone laughs. What I find really funny though is that none of them has ever had a problem understanding your accent (well, except Shelley, she said when you called she just kinda said yeah a lot so you wouldn't think she didn't know what you were saying), but you go anywhere in town and people stare at you blankly half the time.

Oh, and it's Cayuga. I'm impressed you spelled Iroquois right though.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 09-20-2006 at 11:39 AM.