Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Werewolf Lovers...

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    No..it's not available here.

I will however, give props to Jane Jensen's "The Beast Within." Even though I've only played the video game, and read a few excerpts, the story is most excellent.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Whitley Strieber is the author of The Wolfen (ISBN 0-340-24167-5 if you are in the UK) and this is probably the most 'realistic' werewolf novel I have read.

If you are in to Robert R McCammon then you should read Swan Song (sorry to get off the werewolf theme but this is a classic, if a bit like King's The Stand).

Brian Lumley, tho', has got to be the the present king of vampire-werewolf stories. Try Necroscope the Lost Years.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Curly77@31 May 2003 - 15:33
    Whitley Strieber is the author of The Wolfen (ISBN 0-340-24167-5 if you are in the UK) and this is probably the most 'realistic' werewolf novel I have read.

If you are in to Robert R McCammon then you should read Swan Song (sorry to get off the werewolf theme but this is a classic, if a bit like King's The Stand).

Brian Lumley, tho', has got to be the the present king of vampire-werewolf stories. Try Necroscope the Lost Years.
    Yeah, if you have read some of my previous posts you would have noted I have indeed mentiuoned each of the authors and the titles you have listed, all first class in my book for sure.

Where on earth do you live (curly77)? We are very similar you and I.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Has anyone read this book since the initial post? I am interested in hearing any comments you may have.

PS - I wish I had an electronic version to share with you all, that would be rather cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12