Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Downloading off the irc got a little bit easier

ok , now i know it! thx!

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    phauk's Avatar Poster
    the thing with xdcc bots are they are hacked webservers etc (although some newbs hack pc's in korea/japan and standard home connections) - but the good thing is, the end user never really knows they are infected (unless they are smart enough to find out) - so chances are you will never be caught for downloading illegal content, as the user never knows they are serving it.

so it's not like torrents where your ip can be matched to a file (unless you use a rdp/proxy etc etc) - but irc is dying, I can tell you this from having used it everyday for years - you need to use a good search spider like xdccfinder.com to find the files - theres still a few good channels left though, with real good pre times on networks like a0hell.net and abjects.net - the one advantage irc does have over torrents is ratios - means you don't need a 'seedbox' or to share files from your home pc, because big channels on good networks always check files before firing them out, and I know there is public trackers, but speeds suck and you never know what you are getting

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    IRC, isn't that a type of communicator program? I knew it was open source back in the day, is it still.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bh2010 View Post
    IRC, isn't that a type of communicator program?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    irc real is good choose.

i will use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123