Thread: Slow Uploads

thesixthsensor's Avatar P0st3r
    I am currently having a problem with my upload speeds being extremely slow. I have a cable connection and im getting 40kb/s max upload. Does anyone know a way that i can improve this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Depends what did you used to get before?
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    about 80 kb/s

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Depends on the torrent you are downloading the tracker you are downloading it from, the seed/leech ratio and your service provider maybe having some problems.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

Arrow

Some ISPs pick on BitTorrent transfers, for their own reasons, so maybe changing your port number regularly and using encryption might help.

Also, maybe your ISP has reduced your upload bandwidth because you've been using too much bandwidth (my provider is *very* picky about this).

You do mean 40 KBps (kilobytes) rather then 40 Kbps (kilobits) per second, though, don't you? 40 Kbps would definitely have me checking my contract and my phone line!

And, of course, you can only upload what people want to download from you!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yea i meant 40 kBps sorry about that. I enabled encryption and that incresed my upload speeds by about 3kBps (not really the change im looking for lol).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    @ thesixthsensor: did you check your actual speeds (up & down)???
    http://www.abeltronica.com/velocimet...=uk&newlang=uk

That is the first step. You can NOT start tuning client/O.S. if you don't know your actual speeds. The speeds suggested/advertised by your ISP are nothing but eyecatchers in most cases.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    filephile's Avatar um wat do I put here
    do a speed test and set your upload and download limits at 80% of your speed. this is the correct setup for most clients.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by uvanator View Post
    do a speed test and set your upload and download limits at 80% of your speed. this is the correct setup for most clients.

I posted the same exact thing in this thread yesterday. As well as some other ideas. My post went MIA somehow though lmao