Thread: How to be a better torrent user

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hey how come no one has posted a how to seed or upload files guide ?

I'm still new to the game ,something like how to improve your share ratio would be helpful . I see so many trade and invite sucks but no one that really wants to help . Just my opinion of course but was wondering .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    something like how to improve your share ratio would be helpful . I see so many trade and invite sucks but no one that really wants to help .
    I don't think such a guide should be written. We were all new to BitTorrent once, and we all learned how to upload files, seed, and be connectable on our own. It's like writing a guide to puberty. It's not something you can learn, it's trial and error. You'll get the hang of it sooner, or later.

Plus there are always the uploading guides and such in the forums and FAQ of almost private tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah basically every site that has torrents has some kind of guide like how to upload,how to improve ratio you could copy and paste them into a thread if you want to then you will have everything you asked for.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The best way i've found is to search public trackers for releases that need seeding on private sites. Its what I did when i first started off, nowadays if i sign up to a new site I usually just download it from a private site and seed it on the new site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    u'll find an excellent guide here

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    When you first start out it can be a bit daunting, however i found that reading the site rules thoroughly will normally give you an idea of the levels of ratio they are after. Once that has been gone over, it is just a case of leaving the first few torrents you download running until they reach at least a 1to1 ratio. A good tip is to download only newly uploaded torrents, as these are more likely to have a lot of leechers in the near future, and therefore more likely to get your ratio up.
    As for uploading torrents to the tracker yourself, you will normally find that each place will normally have their own rules on what they require, and this can vary widely from site to site, however, creating the torrent in the first place is merely a case of running the wizard in your torrent program. All pretty straight-forward once you get the hang of it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    respect rules - seeding - ratio =1

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Also, dont forget to look in the site's forum and read about. Would improve your overall udnerstanding. Oh and the stickies in forums and the guides in there.

And dont be greedy when you first start.