Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What an incredible asshole...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Does anybody buy this "they were afraid of being called homophobic" escuse for inaction from the house leadership?
    Bull

It's friggin' pedophilia not two consenting adults. Who's claiming this crap?
    I first heard it from Newt Gingrich and Tony Perkins. It became the "talking point" with the usual "pundits" following suit.

I'm sure I could get the video somewhere...... youtube search function seems to be down right now.

I laughed out loud when I heard it. I mean the entire republican campaign was based on gay bashing. They don't worry about being called homophobic when they put forward legislation to stop homosexuals from adopting for example. Why would they worry about it when it comes to protecting children from a republican congressman?

Rick Santorum compared gay relationships to man-on-dog sex, and Trent Lott was compared gay people to kleptomaniacs.

republicans are not afraid of being accused of gay bashing....they encourage it.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-03-2006 at 07:00 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    yea, they encourage gay bashing except when it's revealed that it's one of their own that they are bashing on. then they are real quick to brush it under the rug.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Here's Kathrine Harris suggesting that if anything the republicans knew nothing about it, but it will be interesting to find out who on "the other side of the isle knew about it and kept it secret against the interest of children"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Bull

It's friggin' pedophilia not two consenting adults. Who's claiming this crap?
    I first heard it from Newt Gingrich and Tony Perkins. It became the "talking point" with the usual "pundits" following suit.

I'm sure I could get the video somewhere...... youtube search function seems to be down right now.

I laughed out loud when I heard it. I mean the entire republican campaign was based on gay bashing. They don't worry about being called homophobic when they put forward legislation to stop homosexuals from adopting for example. Why would they worry about it when it comes to protecting children from a republican congressman?
    Ew Ew, I know!

Cos they were simply trying protect the Republican congressman. Hell if this didn't come out, they'd have let him run again.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    yea, they encourage gay bashing except when it's revealed that it's one of their own that they are bashing on. then they are real quick to brush it under the rug.
    Hence the topic starter and thread title.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    From the original source.

Foley, 52, had been a shoo-in for a new term until the e-mail correspondence surfaced in recent days. The page was 16 at the time of the correspondence.
    What's the age of consent in the USA? Genuine question, I really have no idea.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    then the proper title would be "what a bunch of incredible assholes" as there are quite a few people named so far that are guilty on this one- whether it be the guy who started the whole thing, or the republicans that are trying to claim that they hid this guys secret because they didn't want to be called homophobic.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    then the proper title would be "what a bunch of incredible assholes" as there are quite a few people named so far that are guilty on this one- whether it be the guy who started the whole thing, or the republicans that are trying to claim that they hid this guys secret because they didn't want to be called homophobic.
    Hoi, "What incredible asswholes" then

....or are they navels?

The bad part is that there will be those that can't see through those asswholes.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    From the original source.

Foley, 52, had been a shoo-in for a new term until the e-mail correspondence surfaced in recent days. The page was 16 at the time of the correspondence.
    What's the age of consent in the USA? Genuine question, I really have no idea.
    it depends by state.

In Florida, the age of consent is 16 if the adult is under 24 or married to the teen. the age of consent goes to 18 if the adult is over 24 and not married to the teen. so the basic answer is yes, when the adult is 52, 16 is under the age of consent.

WTF- some of these age of consent laws are weird- New Mexico: the age of consent is 17, but may be lower for homosexuals at 13?
    and Utah- age of consent is 18 but may be as low as 16 as long as it doesn't involve force? WTF does that mean? how does it involve force if it is consentual?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    and Utah- age of consent is 18 but may be as low as 16 as long as it doesn't involve force? WTF does that mean? how does it involve force if it is consentual?
    Tight hole?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast