Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 2 question.

Retired

Question Mark

I have a PS Two and I don't want to install a Mod Chip.
    I saw an ad on a dutch site of 'PS2 Swap Magic 3.6 Plus' which says that you can play copies/backups without having to install a Mod Chip but it also mentions that it does not work with every PS2 game.

Is this true and does this work without any problems?
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-04-2006 at 09:50 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Yeah i've read about swap magic. It's a disc you put in your ps2 and then circumvents the security feature of the PS2, and allows you to swap in a back up disc of your own. Usually if it doesnt work with a game, it means you need to get a later version of it. By all means a modchip is more preferreble, or maybe you can get HDLOADER. HDLOADER allows your ps2 to play games from a hard drive.

3. Games   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u can use swap magic, hdd loader (doesn't work on all games), and there's something else too

modchip is the most reliable. it plays pretty much all games burned correctly, and it'll never cause u frustration.

4. Games   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    u can use swap magic, hdd loader (doesn't work on all games), and there's something else too

modchip is the most reliable. it plays pretty much all games burned correctly, and it'll never cause u frustration.
    I don't want a mod chip because then i'll lose my warranty.
    I've read that you need to keep the 'flip top' open while using the Swap disc but can you close it when you play a backed up game?
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 10-05-2006 at 09:58 AM.

5. Games   -   #5
    you need to close the lid any time you've put a disc in. the lid has a weighted thing attached to it, which holds the CD/DVD in place. the disc drive will not read the disc correctly without that weight on top of it.

6. Games   -   #6
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    Swap Magic can be used with the flip top or the slide tool that you can get. Just make sure to get the correct swap magic for your region (NTSC or PAL) and it sould work with most games.

7. Games   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by famous45 View Post
    Swap Magic can be used with the flip top or the slide tool that you can get. Just make sure to get the correct swap magic for your region (NTSC or PAL) and it sould work with most games.
    You can't use a slide tool with the PS Two and it already is a flip top.

8. Games   -   #8
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    famous is correct when he stated that you could use the slide tool, thats what i got for my neighbor, swap magic works with almost all games....there is a different swap magic required for PS Two

9. Games   -   #9
    JordoR's Avatar Madden Champ!
    If your not looking to void your warranty, then just get a Hard-Drive for your PS2 (and no, not a Sony one). I have a 120 GB hard drive in my PS2 combined with HDloader, and I can pretty much rip any game to my drive. So for only the cost of renting the game, or borrowing it from a friend.. you can own the game. A good option in my opinion.
    Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
    Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.

10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    famous is correct when he stated that you could use the slide tool, thats what i got for my neighbor, swap magic works with almost all games....there is a different swap magic required for PS Two
    You don't use a slide card with the PSTwo. You'd use the Magic Switch. The lastest Swap Magic is 3.3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast