Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: crikeym8, why i got banned.

Poster

Urgent

Now i dont know who these guys are but i got banned last night because i failed to seed back a torrent 100%. Snakes on a train vhs. Then they tell me that because i am a leech that they dont want me around and in no small way told me to get lost. I seeded back 91%. Now this is the funny part, they left me stay on long enough to tell me that i would also be banned at any other sites that i was a member of because they beleived if they dont want me then probly no one else would either. Sure enough , i was a member of 17 torrent sites as of yesterday, now i can only get into 9 sites. I have been banned everywhere.
    this was the pm i received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yo, bouncer, when you joined up at crikeym8.com there was a big red newsletter that stuck out like dogs balls. let me repeat what it said,

WE HAVE A POLICY HIT AND RUN THREE TIMES THEN YOU CAN SAY GOODBYE. IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THIS RULE THEN WE DONT WANT YOU! IF YOU WISH TO TEST US THEN PLEASE DO SO. DONT GO BITCHING WHEN YOU ONLY GET HALF A FILE.. IF YOU DONT LIKE OUR RULES THEN GO ELSEWHERE.!..

Now what do you not understand about our disclaimer. We put the disclaimer there for a reason, so you know exactly what to expect when you enter our doors. We dont hide it nor to we trick you, we dont ask you for money, just repect the rules that not I, but our members have themselfs requested. We are 4 weeks old and have 1000 members, you buddy will not be one of them.

enjoy public torrenting mate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just dont think its fair...
    Last edited by bouncerday; 10-08-2006 at 08:23 PM. Reason: incomplete

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have a feeling someone didnt do there meds today but if this is true then its all a conspiracy against you so none of us have to worry .Gl with everything.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think this is some kind of promo for <crikeym8> tracker...( 4 weeks, 1000 members...nice...) :rofl:
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I see alot of baiting lately...

1 post and reporting an unfair ban???

There are several holes in the story.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    There are some ISP's (like Time Warner and Comcast here in the states) that actually have 2 IP addresses per modem. We only tell customers they have one but there are really 2. If one IP get's banned it's just a matter of pulling the second usually by hooking up one PC via USB and pulling the original banned IP and then hooking up another PC via the network card to pull the new, 2nd IP. Pull the 2nd IP on your download machine and disconnect the other. The banned IP will return to the ISP pool and be dished out elsewhere and you'll be sitting with a new IP. People can abuse this, yes. I'm only posting this FYI. Everyone should still seed at least 1:1 and if you can't then I suggest you either donate for VIP status/upload credit or go to public trackers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    What can be abused, will be abused.
    In the long run it might result into banning of IP ranges or even banning of ISP's. Thus the innocent pays for the actions/behavior of ... the abusers.
    If one gets banned, it is for a reason. To tell how to over rule a ban opens the door for massive abuse. Then the sites will have to implement higher security. Then we will complain about the high security, and so on.
    99% of the bans are justified, if any is part of the other 1%, bad luck, move on.

About a year ago, I got banned on the first private tracker I ever got in, due my u/l and d/l speeds were ridiculously slow. Justified? Yes! Would that happen today? No! Do I regret the fact I got banned there? Damn yes! Am I looking for a way to over rule that ban by cheating? Damn no! Would I like to get in again? Yes, but if they don't want me, they don't deserve me and my much improved (maxed out) speeds and seeding attitude. I learned my lesson, not by cheating, but by using the right client, the right FW, the right AV. And by following the rules.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    sites might pass on ur i.p to other sites for cheating, but certainly not for hit and running. i dont believe in the slightest that u got banned on another 8 sites overnight for seeding back only 91% of the file. thats just nonsense.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    crikeym8.com.
    Well i suppose a lot of you would probley like this site but i dont. What gives them or any one the right to ban you because you dont seed back 100% on my first file. Not even a chance.
    I only have a 25 kbs upload and 1500 down speed and because i downloaded a movie in 15 mins you would think seeding for one day would be enough. But no, they said 72 hours. Am i missing something here. My one and only torrent. Yes they are fast , real fast downloads, but how about some compasion. geez But going by the amount of members they have im probley the minority here..
    Last edited by maxtorgrab; 10-17-2006 at 04:23 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    With 1500kbs/25kbs connection, you should use a public tracker ... if you sign up to a private one , you have to follow the rules (yes, 1:1 or 72 h ...)
    Btw, I know few people with similar dl and up speeds and they have nice ratios on TL, FL or other private trackers...Really now, you should always give back what you took(even if is your first torrent...) ...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    well, it is your own fault. you think 72 hrs is too long?!!! i think it is evn not enough for a new site. if you dun wanna seed, donate or mininova...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast