Thread: Which Pda?

Lord of the KLF
    I am looking for a PDA that will allow me to read my ebooks on the go however i will only be using it to read ebooks so it needs to be nice and cheap like and have a nice large clear display any suggestions??
    Thanx in advance
    Razz

im thinking about the Palm M130 as i dont know if the Palm Zire supports ebooks - of it does ill properly get that any ideas?

EDIT: Let me guess - someones bound to say that this post belongs in Hardware world im personally not too sure myself as to where it belongs but hey

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I think most PDAs are able to read ebooks. I know JPaul has experience with them, maybe he'll see this topic.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #3
    palm is my favorite
    and i use docs2go for the reader program

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    I have an old Palm IIIxe which has 8Mb of memory and a black and white screen. It is perfect for ebooks.

Please see this thread for the software I use to both read the books and do the conversion for use on the Palm.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=43&t=31917

With the small file size I can store loads of books at the same time (I usually have about 10 at any one time), along with the other programs. This allows me to carry it about and chose what to read, depending what I feel like.

I highly recommend the palm option for books, I think it is much easier than reading from a PC screen

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lord of the KLF
    OK there has been a slight development on this front guys thanx for all the input but my friend just sold me his Nokia 7650 which has Symbian OS on it and although only 3.6MB of free memory im sure that that will be adequate for an ebook reader and a few books at a time

Now i just gotta find an ebook reader that works well on the 7650

Its really cool cos the Nokia 7650 has bluetooth link to my puter and i can move my ebooks from my main archive to my mobile with relative ease

6. Lounge   -   #6
    most all newer pda's have blutooth now or a card that can upgrade them
    the suprising thing here is u got blu tooth on ur comp

u can also use ir to transfer ur files but u got to point the palm at the comp or printer to use it

have u seen any of the blue tooth add going down the highway yet?

ull be draiving along and the palm will beep and if u look at it i says theres a blue tooth connection and if u open it it telles u every thing thats at the next exit all catagorized for u like gas food and lodging

had a pepsi mechien do it the other day to it even wanted me to buy a pop with my creditcard

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Lord of the KLF
    Bluetooth is not that expensive to get on ur comp im gonna get an adapter that plugs into my usb port and allows me to use bluetooth over a 100m range

im gettting this one