Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget PSU?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjohno View Post
    As far as im concerned you want to go for any psu made by these manufacturers.

Enermax.
    Antec.
    Thermaltake
    Tagen

Any of these will be great , most others are generic ones , which usually fail , or cause random restarts.
    It's difficult to recommend a power supply based solely on the seller's name.
    Thermaltake for instance, doesn't actually make any of the units they sell, they are all custom specced or just rebranded units made by someone else, so it's common to have variations in quality through the entire product line.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peterjohno's Avatar FOR GERRAAAAAAAARD
    Going off the fact that i have come across numerous pc,s that have failed due to generic psu,s , i will only use either of the brands that i have previously listed . I have never had one fail on me , so its quite obvious that i will recommend them. They are all high quality psu,s . I really cant see the point in fitting a cheap make . Ok , it might last years , but why take the chance ?.
    I also think that the majority of people who build pc,s or either know what brands are relaible would agree with me.

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2005/07/11...est/index.html
    Last edited by peterjohno; 10-16-2006 at 04:48 PM. Reason: found a good link to view

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    according to david hammock at EOCF, thermaltake isnt a reliable brand. there are many other manufacturers that make good psu's, ocz and forton are well known. check this out for your own good http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=136602

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Purchasing a new product is so much fun...Its at the point where the first thing I do now is type in the product name and model number add the word review into google and let the magic work......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12