Page 397 of 462 FirstFirst ... 297347387394395396397398399400407447 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

127 hours for the 2nd time. loved it. funnyily i know a doctor who is scared to watch it.

2. Movies & TV   -   #3962
    Oliveras11
    the last flick i saw was 2011(sci-fiction) really loved that movie!!!!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3963
    Sunshine (2007).

Pretty good science-fiction flick I hadn't seen yet. Raises a few fundamental issues, solid acting, enjoyable and not boring. Recommended if you like sci-fi movies.

4. Movies & TV   -   #3964
    CQ1ST's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    A Twist Of Sand from 1968, great stuff - a perilous journey - hot female companion -double-crossing scoundrel who 'gets it' in the end
    only it seemed like it was over way too soon - loved it

5. Movies & TV   -   #3965
    Piccolo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Elephant.White.2011,intresting storied

6. Movies & TV   -   #3966
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Super- Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler and (briefly) Nathan Fillion.

I can't recall a movie as tonally wrong as Super.
    I wonder why, at some point in post production, someone didn't say, "What are we trying to do here?" and reevaluate the film...because it's a mess.

Whether they intended it or not, comparisons will/must be made to Kick Ass because the premise is the same- what if a regular person became a superhero?
    Kick Ass was by no means a great film but was more cohesive in spirit and execution than Super manages to be and was much more enjoyable.

Rainn Wilson plays an everyman schlub improbably married to Liv Tyler, a recovering drug/alcohol addict.
    Tyler is seduced and spirited away by Kevin Bacon, a sleazy nightclub owner who deals drugs on the side.
    After a few humiliating confrontations with Bacon, Wilson has a truly unsettling religious vision and decides to confront evil as a superhero, The Crimson Bolt.

The movie's few glimpses of the humor/pathos come as The Bolt begins his quest for justice ( he spends hours behind a dumpster, waiting for a crime to occur nearby) but after a semi-promising beginning, The Bolt turns psycho instead of super and the weirdness begins.

The Bolt is joined by Boltie, the obligatory sidekick, played by Ellen Page.
    Page works in a comic book store and is consulted by Wilson as he tries to craft his superhero persona. She figures out what is going on and barges in on Wilson's revenge.
    She is even more psychotic than The Crimson Bolt.

Given the cast and the premise, one could forgiven for expecting a more light-hearted and "fun" movie...Super is neither.
    The violence is excessive and surprisingly graphic.
    The main characters are unlikable and weird.

Super sucks.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #3967
    The Matrix....review...

8. Movies & TV   -   #3968
    Paprika (2006), a really good movie (and i didnīt usually like animated movies). Christopher Nolan cited Paprika as an influence on his 2010 feature film, Inception.

9. Movies & TV   -   #3969
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    It seems Christopher Nolan pretty much copied the same concept and changed a few variables. What a thief!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Movies & TV   -   #3970
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Gamer / 2009

Cinematography is amateur. Opening scene was ridiculously fast paced, plot seemed to just jump everywhere. Not recomended to be viewed if you suffer from epeleptic fits.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"