Thread: Newshosting Unlimited...isnt????

Poster

Surprised/Amazed

Hey peeps,

Just got home after downloading about 10-12gigs during the day (2 dvds and some mp3s) on my 10meg cable connection and now im only downloading on 3 out of the 8 connections at 86.5k a second total (I usually get well over 1000k a second total from all 8) and the others are coming up "Your per-user connection limit reached"

Im on an unlimited plan, WTF is going on???

Cheers

QP

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Same problem here. Only 4 of the 8 connection are working ... same error. Speed is cut in half

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I wonder if Giganews does this also. I don't download as much as you guys do, so I don't know, but that IS stupid on newshostings part.

I would complain to them if I were you. If they are offering unlimited downloading, then I would ask them why are they limiting it!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I have Giganews and have never had any problems. I don't know if I download a lot compared to others but here is my stats:

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I can't say I've been throttled on purpose .... yet .... I do download allot (movies) hence the reason I bought an unlimited account. I haven't been with newshosting long and if I find out I have been throttled on purpose, I won't be with them when it's time to re-up my monthly fee.

Right now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt it's server problems. I've emailed support.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Just changed my port and got all connections and speeds back. Interesting, been working fine on 119 for weeks. But all is well on 3128

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityPapers View Post
    Hey peeps,

Just got home after downloading about 10-12gigs during the day (2 dvds and some mp3s) on my 10meg cable connection and now im only downloading on 3 out of the 8 connections at 86.5k a second total (I usually get well over 1000k a second total from all 8) and the others are coming up "Your per-user connection limit reached"

Im on an unlimited plan, WTF is going on???

Cheers

QP
    some usenet servers are having probelms i'm getting same thing on usenetserver .
    normally download at 8mbit but recently getting 1mbit .
    looked on there status page and servers are overloading maybe that is why slow speed .

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    visionaryone
    I also had some terrible problems with Usenetserver recently, i normally get about 2500kb/s but it was hovering at about 100kb/s and was only using one connection. It turned out after emailing them that they we're having some storage problems they even gave me some free credit! and since then (touch wood) it's been good.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    Thanks for the replys folks, I gave up on it last night and went for a :guinesssm

Just tried it now and im back running at 1100k a second.

There must have been a disturbance in the force...

Cheers

QP

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Yep and usenetserver is back to normal for me aswell now