Thread: Power Usenet Service

Has anyone used them? I did the Giganews trial yesterday, then canceled(just wanted the free trial). I came across Power Usenet. Their prices are cheaper, just $15 for unlimited/4 streams & $20 for 8 streams. Sound good? Thx guys

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I dont know anyone who beats giganews for service. They can be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for usually. An idea I am thinking about is to have Giganews for a month then use a cheaper service for a couple months then back with the more pricey giganews so that I download all the incompletes that I was unable to get from the cheaper servers. Great idea huh

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    or you could just use newshosting and stop being such a gaylord.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    PowerUsenet is a Giganews-Reseller. I used them for some months, they were very reliable, very good completion (same as Giganews i would think), Retention 50 days. I discontinued my PU-account because they won't let you upload but if somebody is only interested in downloading it's a good service.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    gaylord, huh? thx 4 your contribution... ass. Is Malcolm in the middle even on tv nemore? =)

Newho Broadsword & Respect, thx. I gotta PM earlier saying the same thing you said Respect. Dont really care about upploading though, I can do that here. The PM did however mention Newshosting(same price) as a good alternative. O, has neone use new-binaries.com?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    The PM did however mention Newshosting(same price) as a good alternative.
    I changed from PU to Newshosting. I found PU more reliable. When dl from Newshosting I often have incompletes, and sometimes you have to change the port because the speed gets down. Of course they have a better retention with nzb's but if 50 days retention is enough and uploading isn't required PU may be the better alternative IMO.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    UCA007's Avatar |U C A|
    I used Giganews for almost an entire year on their unlimited plan. I found myself not dl'ing nzb that where more than 50 days old because I would check almost every week. So, I didn't missed anything worth dl'ing that I liked.

Now, I found myself using the unlimited plan with PowerUsenet because is the same as Giganew's service, quality and speed. I recommend PU b/c you can expect the same service as if you were with Giganews.