Thread: Bitrate Calculator

BANNED
    ok i have a continuess problem here it is

I can burn VCD perfect no problem
    I can burn SVCD standard no problems. here what i cant do...

I can burn SVCD non standard without a problem

It plays fine on the computer and plays fin on the computer running from the disk.

but when i play it with my DVD player it jumps every now and then and the audio all of a sudden decides to piss off for 5 seconds then go out of sync I then press pause on my DVD player and play again and its fine again!!! until another 5 minutes later it jumps around again and goes out of sync..... this is really pissing me off

I have read that it could be a bitrate problem and i need to calcutlate it somehow so that i can put a 2hr movie on 1 cdr disk and dont say the quality is shit coz its not it looks great sounds great its just this shit problem ive been having!!! i have used Tmpegnc to encoe and nero to burn.

my questions are

is it a bitrate problem??
    if not what could it be??
    if its a bitrate problem then what the hell is a bitrate calculator and how do i get it??

many thanks to anyone that can help

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    adthomp u could use tmpgenc to calalate the bitrate,open ur file through the project wizard and on 4/5 select the appropriate cdr(80min)then press expert button.On the video tab press where it say bitrate>unlock,lower the bitrate>ok,repeat until the red maker drops to the 80min point done,then press the expert button again go
    to the system tab press system type>unlock change to non standard vcd(if u dont change the system type tmpgenc wont encode the bitrate
    changes).
    btw i dont know if they still do but vcdhelp ust to have an online bitrate calc

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    thanks CosmoK that is excellent help!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    Ur welcome.