Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How could this be?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    can i be pointing out that kieth olbermann, jon stewart and stephen colbert are the biggest people on youtube. the daily show and colbert report are also big hits on torrent websites too.

it's not that there's no audience...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    can i be pointing out that kieth olbermann, jon stewart and stephen colbert are the biggest people on youtube. the daily show and colbert report are also big hits on torrent websites too.

I tend to agree.

It's not the Liberal stance that may be the downfall, but the formular that the station has chosen.

That said, apparently they have reasonably good ratings for a young network. It's possible that they tried to expand too fast. At least before it was financially viable from a cash flow stance.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Right wing talk radio sells to a target audience.
    I'm sorry, I really couldn't get past your opening sentence.

Apparently you are/were about to characterize Air America as being dissimilarly motivated.

I'll take your proffer, though:

"Right wing talk radio sells"...

...and Left-wing talk radio does not.

Thank you for making my point.
    Conservative radio sells cos just like Howard Stern sells.

Many who dislike them listen to them for some off the wall shit they are gonna say.

Think about it. I wouldn't wanna listen to radio station that says some shit I already know. I'd wanna listen for someone like Rush to say some shit like "Donovan Mcnabb is overrated blahblah cos the NFL wants to boost up a black QB." Nah Rush ain't racist.

Now if Air America is pointing out that Bush is a fuck up and how he's a fuck up...well that's CaptainObvious and nothing new.

Now Jon Stewart works cos he points ANY shit that doesn't make sense. He's points shit from FoxNewsRepublicansConservatives most cos they are in power, not making sense, spin the most, and (besides terrorism, not Iraq) are responsible for the current state we are in.

On side note, I think America needs a change to Democratic leadership. We've tried it your way for long enough and you people have done enough damage to America.

Almost 8 years and shit to show for it....unless you're rich.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was just listening to Fox and there was a Democratic strategy expert saying that, no, there is not a large radio audience for liberal radio.

For a moment, I wondered where all the Democrats get their news?? Then I remembered....every other television station of course.

On a side note J2, did you hear Cindy Sheehan is claiming that she was a finalist for a Nobel Peace Prize? What's next?

yo

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I was just listening to Fox and there was a Democratic strategy expert saying that, no, there is not a large radio audience for liberal radio.

For a moment, I wondered where all the Democrats get their news?? Then I remembered....every other television station of course.

On a side note J2, did you hear Cindy Sheehan is claiming that she was a finalist for a Nobel Peace Prize? What's next?
    Cindy Sheehan is perfectly emblematic of the liberals and their...um...cause.

As to Air America, given it's evident financial viability and supremely sensible content, I think the only possible reason for it's troubles must be, has to be, some sordid and nefarious Conservative plot.

Roger Ailes must be behind this sad, sad, development.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

I tend to agree.

It's not the Liberal stance that may be the downfall, but the formular that the station has chosen.

That said, apparently they have reasonably good ratings for a young network. It's possible that they tried to expand too fast. At least before it was financially viable from a cash flow stance.
    i reckon it's that liberals are more tech savvy and less impressionable to advertisers... intelligent as it were

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I'd like you to tell me why is every other news outlet intrinsically liberal.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the point of view has more to do with common sense than spin?

Fox News uses horrid spin for their news and opinions. It's shit journalism. Yet you and folks of your ilk watch just to hear favorable news or spin that's a lie. If I folks talk about Bush like he caused 9/11 for instance, I'd them spinning idiots too.

About Cindy. Peace prize? I wouldn't agree with that.

Yes, her son enlisted and was killed.

Yes, the government "can do with her son as they please" when it comes to wars.

On a side note however, I don't know about you but people don't think of their kids enlisting and the "government doing with their sons as they please". Many folks like for their kids to die for a noble cause (if they are going to die) and not over bullshit.

It ain't fucking rocket science. You'd be a fucking pissed off unrestful spirit if you looked at Iraq this way:

9/11 was used as a springboard and rallying cry. It got many folks enlisted. The first was considered a noble one, Afghanistan. Then cue Iraq, which many go wtf are we doing there.

Test question #1.

Out of all these motherfucking targets:

1.Afghanistan
    2.Iraq
    3.North Korea
    4.Iran

Choose the one that doesn't belong.

Test question #2.

Choose the countries that have leaders that say they are pursuing nuke tech and then use only diplomatic solutions on them.

1.Afghanistan
    2.Iraq
    3.North Korea
    4.Iran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12