Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    If that's true, it doesn't speak well of them, since watching television can be so much more sensorily stimulating.
    You may be on to something, however...the fact liberals have more time on their hands has long been held to allow them the time for all their idiotic marching and protesting...you know-those events where they show up and have to be told what to say and do, like....sheep.
    Yes indeed, conservatives and right wingers NEVER rally or hold protest marches.......... Except the ones that do it all the time
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-14-2006 at 04:13 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Then perhaps you have your answer to the other thread. Could it be possible that more Liberals watch TV than listen to radio?
    If that's true, it doesn't speak well of them, since watching television can be so much more sensorily stimulating.

You may be on to something, however...the fact liberals have more time on their hands has long been held to allow them the time for all their idiotic marching and protesting...you know-those events where they show up and have to be told what to say and do, like....sheep.

I've heard of a new political imperative, BTW.

Protesters now think they ought to be paid by the government to protest.
    Well that's weird for it to be expected from the government.

Btw it helps when protesters are saying the same thing at the same time. During my picketing during strike time, we were told what to say too. DUH!

I can recall those "idiotic" marchers and protesters getting quite a lot done during civil rights era. They got quite a lot done despite being shot with water hoses, beaten with sticks, rocks being thrown at them, and attacked by dogs set loose on them.

Maybe marching and protesting is a bad idea. There's always terrorism.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Is the show not successful because the host and the format are very, very funny?

I was surprised Musharef went on the show - he clearly has a sense of humour.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Is the show not successful because the host and the format are very, very funny?

The show is funny, without a doubt.

Musharraf definitely has a sense of humor and relates well to the American version.

I was mildly surprised.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

As I said before, the current admin makes it too easy. Don't get me wrong. If it was Dems instead of Repubs it'd still be funny since politicians can be idiots no matter the party association.

However, when you have the President saying, "We fight them over there, so we don't fight them over here" and we end up in Iraq which draws terrorists to Iraq.....

There's an easy joke there for pointing out an idiot.

I'd have loved to see the show up strong during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Funnily there was an article in the newspaper today about exactly this topic.

- rough translation -
    "After 911, the us media became so patriotic and uncritical that most news seems like it is coming from the same source.

So for many americans, especially students they get a more "honest" opinion of what is really going on, from a strongly opinionated and satirical program the daily show.

Which covers the latest headlines in Seven minutes even though there is the option of watching 24hrs news channels. It shows things which the news will not show.

Indiana University is presently doing a study to show that the daily show delivers equally substantial news as normal newchannels, only it does it in a humorous way.
    Ofcourse around 911 everybody gathered around the bush administration for support but after many of its failures and deceit, now comes the time for "aftersmartness".

In retrospect, the attack on the towers can be seen as a period where the media failed its duties. Just as the 2 journalists who brought to light the Watergate scandal, now two court jesters must change the climat and bring the truth forward."

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    [QUOTE=Busyman™;1503689]
    Since the show's been on since 1996, and Stewart took over in 1999, we'll never know.

I hear today the DNC is officially withholding support from William Jefferson.

Judging by the lack of reaction from the major media (which includes The Daily Show), I wonder if anyone other than his constituents even remembers who he is?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Since the show's been on since 1996, and Stewart took over in 1999, we'll never know.

I hear today the DNC is officially withholding support from William Jefferson.

Judging by the lack of reaction from the major media (which includes The Daily Show), I wonder if anyone other than his constituents even remembers who he is?
    I've seen jokes about him on the Daily Show. However, it's weird that there were Republicans defending him.

From what I gather, the evidence against him is pretty concrete so why arepeople are still supporting him?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    When we still lived in Germany, I used the Daily Show as well as places like this forum to keep me up to date

He definately has a way of pointing out the real issues in an event, instead of letting them stay glossed over as in the regular news.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Yes indeed, conservatives and right wingers NEVER rally or hold protest marches.......... Except the ones that do it all the time
    Funny how protests are spun to be considered sheepish behaviour...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast