Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show with John Stewart

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I read a while back that it has more updated information than "real news. This is obviously bogus.
    Nonetheless
    The way he sometimes goes against the Us governement astonishes me, and i wonder is this allowed over there, sometimes it is too harsh. (i love it-don't we all)
    Did this show exist before the present president, did he do the same to Clinton and will he behave the same towards the next president?
    Should I see this show as a charicature or a political message.
    ?

Last edited by 100%; 10-13-2006 at 09:21 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I read a while back that it has more updated information than "real news. This is obviously bogus.
    Nonetheless
    The way he sometimes goes against the Us governement astonishes me, and i wonder is this allowed over there, sometimes it is too harsh. (i love it-don't we all)
    Did this show exist before the present president, did he do the same to Clinton and will he behave the same towards the next president?
    ?

What do you mean, "is this allowed over there"?

Do you doubt what you see?

I have no recollection of his hosting the show during the Clinton administration; Craig Kilborn was the original host of the show (having come from ESPN), and I frankly don't remember the show being as political as it is now.

As to how he'd treat another Democrat, I'll guess he'd have some fun at his/her expense, but wouldn't dare exhibit anything appraoching the contempt he demonstrates for Bush.

Conceivably a Democrat administration could mean the end of the show.

Time wll tell.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Hmm.

A "liberal slanted political show" yet it achieves higher ratings than fox news and nearly all right wing radio shows........... Couldn't be at all able to make profit...no market for that sort of thing.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-14-2006 at 01:07 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Hmm.

A "liberal slanted political show" yet it achieves higher ratings than fox news and nearly all right wing radio shows........... Couldn't be at all able to make profit...no market for that sort of thing.
    So-apples, oranges, and kumquats as well?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Then perhaps you have your answer to the other thread. Could it be possible that more Liberals watch TV than listen to radio?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    As said in another thread, he jabs at anything that doesn't make sense.

Politicians fuck up in general but this current administration gives him plenty of ammo. It's just too fucking easy.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-14-2006 at 03:07 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Nonetheless
    ?

I have no recollection of his hosting the show during the Clinton administration; Craig Kilborn was the original host of the show (having come from ESPN), and I frankly don't remember the show being as political as it is now.

As to how he'd treat another Democrat, I'll guess he'd have some fun at his/her expense, but wouldn't dare exhibit anything appraoching the contempt he demonstrates for Bush.

Conceivably a Democrat administration could mean the end of the show.

Time wll tell.
    I wonder if you can fathom where this contempt for Bush might come from?

I also wonder where all the fucking colored alerts have gone?

It is....election time again.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Then perhaps you have your answer to the other thread. Could it be possible that more Liberals watch TV than listen to radio?
    If that's true, it doesn't speak well of them, since watching television can be so much more sensorily stimulating.

You may be on to something, however...the fact liberals have more time on their hands has long been held to allow them the time for all their idiotic marching and protesting...you know-those events where they show up and have to be told what to say and do, like....sheep.

I've heard of a new political imperative, BTW.

Protesters now think they ought to be paid by the government to protest.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

Thanks for replies,
    what i meant with "is this allowed over there is" - i thought it was immoral and unpatriotic, to criticise the president, governement on a "news channel". I thought it was just "not done".
    Since he is doing it, all i can say is bravo.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10

Thanks for replies,
    what i meant with "is this allowed over there is" - i thought it was immoral and unpatriotic, to criticise the president, governement on a "news channel". I thought it was just "not done".
    Since he is doing it, all i can say is bravo.
    It certainly gives lie to those who say the Republicans have quashed free speech, I think.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast