Thread: Help with older NZB's

Greetings

Just found this site a couple days ago...beats the hell out of p2p !!!

Anyway, I signed up to Giganews for its 100-day retention and I'm finding some closed threads here with nzb's. The policy is they close the threads based on dates, but the ones I'm looking at are only 60-75 days old.

My questions:

a) is there any other way to get these nzb's from this site? is it possible to re-open the threads?
    b) if I try to download the files directly, it will take hours to download the headers and I can only filter the header download by header id. Can any newsreader filter the header downloads by specific dates???? I'm currently trying Newsbin, Xnews, and alt.binz.

Thanks for any input!!
    UncleMilty

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    xdreamer
    go to binsearch.info do a search there and create your NZB. thats what I do
    OR and I know ur new. But check this site atleast once a week for new NZB's I have newshosting which comes with 45 days retention (which is always not true, i have DL MP3's that are 97 days old with no probs) yeah its nice to have 100 days but i dont even use my 45 day retention to the fullest.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks Xdreamer!! binsearch appears to be exactly what i needed. I've got the nzb's queued in my downloader.

I know there are lots of postings going on every day, and I am checking back every day.

UncleMilty

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Thnks