Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harry Potter

yea i read it, didnt take too long actaully, i had to finish the book i was reading before that before i could start

Still read it now, it didnt really bother me that who died did die. u dont really see too much of him and anyways i kinda saw it coming

If u really want to know who dies, just read the last 2 chapters, it will explain all and takes the whole of 10 mins to do

2. Lounge   -   #32
    I am a big fan of HP (now that's out of the way)

the 5th book sucked...

It appeared hastily written and incomplete

storylines hadn't evovled enough, then rushed to a dead end

the death was vvv badly written, almost like a throw away character that she couldn't bother to develop, which is a shame really as given the characters history it could have provided a good running storyline (hence the inclusion of the arch as an afterthought, i.e. a way to still comunicate with the dead person)

the whole book felt like a stop gap until the next REAL book comes out

there was a whole lot more that could have and should have happened, the whole mystery behind harry should have been delved into a little more deeply and not just skimmed over

I do agree that some of the characters introduced will be a benefit in coming stories, but feel that the existing characters could have been developed a hell of a lot more, snape has been given a very small role in this book when I felt after the 4th book he would have been far more prominent

In fact the book was basically a blueprint or map to the 6th book where I feel alot more information will be given, you will see a lot more of snapes dual-spy role and a lot more death-eater vs pheonix(or D.A) action and involvement

I have read the book 4 times i full and agree with a lot of people that JK was under pressurre to produce so just thrown this book to the wolves to appease their appetite until the REAL story is written

now... Does anyone think that given J.K's recent press report that the whole story will be turned on it's head by the time it is finished will lead to the following conclusion:-

I think that Lily & james Potter were in Voldemort's inner circle and this is what led to a bit of a break in the ranks and Voldemort's decision to kill them and their son, especially in light of the prophecy which is clearly being used to show that Harry would in fact be the next great wizard which would mean the end of voldemort

There are a number of subtle hints that point to where everything should meet and become one path, no more big bad wizard vs old good wizard, but one great wizard, all the houses should unite to become the greatest school of wizardry with the one great wizard to lead it

just my thought on the matter.

I also think that J.K is going to finish this whole lot in the next 2 books and with that finish the Harry potter series for good, she has basically come out and said she wants to end the affair sooner rather than later, so be prepared for 2 rushed out books to finish the matter

again just my opinion

I will be buying the next books until I have the full Harry set but am hoping that the next one is a more finished article rather than a thrown out appeasing money-spinner like the 5th book.... how anyone can go from the heights of the 4th book to the doldrums of the 5th without it being both unfinished and a sacrifice is beyond me

PLEASE J.K, return to the form of the FOURTH BOOK for the sake of your fans

~-- patience just takes practice --~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234