Thread: Ares - any1 know anything about it?

Question Mark

Hi,

Ive just started at uni & have heared Ares is a P2P software that works on halls, any1 know anything about it? how good it is, ive seen a few sites offerering it - at different prices - which i dont mind paying the price they are asking for ranging from i think about $11 to $22 or something, but dnt want 2 pay some1 and then its awful, or something! so any1 know anything about it (or any other software that will work in halls - in im the UK - please let me know, thanks,)

Thanks,
    Usman

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    ares is open source so its completly free

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ares is free and its a great p2p program in the style of the old Kazaa, but its very small and elegant and works well with no fake files etc. Has lots of popular music, and music videos.

Regards

Digby

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    HighFlyer's Avatar The Custom User
    My experience with Ares is very good. They have lots of popular mp3s and some movies. It is similar to kazaa and has barely any fake files. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a p2p program besides BT.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    so is it worth to try ?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Three of us have said its good, so I suppose it is worth a try. (Of course its worth a try) It is all I use aside for Limewire for a few jpeggs. You will love it.

Digby

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Ares is a great program in my opinion, i dont use it though because it doesnt work properly with my router so im stuck with limewire.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.