Thread: Advice - Uploading a download that you DL elsewhere?

How to i go about this if the files are diffrent or i can't it be done?

I.e TL uses .rar and bitmetv uses .avi

So can that work after i have converted the rar files?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Unpack the .rar files and they become the .avi file. Just make sure it's the exact same release, same file size, yada yada and that you have the correct wording of the file and the correct folder (if there needs to be a folder).

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    the chances that hash check will match if you rar them again is perhaps 50-50 .you have to be lucky ........for that. try keeping the file name and folder name same as in torrent use torrentspy for details of torrent or the any client itself.
    tried to do it once for a torrent which had lost seeders but to no avail...
    try if you are lucky you may.
    also different programs have different compression standards, and you never know what software was used to archive those files..may be that accounts for hash as well
    post your results am curious..
    Last edited by titana; 10-18-2006 at 06:09 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by titana View Post
    the chances that hash check will match if you rar them again is perhaps remote .you have to be lucky ........for that.
    tried to do it once for a torrent which had lost seeders but to no avail...
    try if you are lucky you may.
    also different programs have different compression standards, and you never know what software was used to archive those files..

Good point. It's a lot easier to do if you're jumping on a different torrent with the same list of .rar's. A few wont check to 100% but you can easily skip those with a good torrent client and just start to seed the files that did check as 100%. It's a complete crap shoot with just one or 2 files but it's possible, I've done it a few times myself.