Thread: agp or pci ?

ok so i orderd this ati radeon x1600 pro graphics card that is supose to host either a 4x or 8x agp but the only thing that makes me worry is that the image of the card from the company does not look like it will fit in an agp slot
    i normally wouldnt woory but i already had to send a pci express card back with a $27.00 restocking fee and dont want to have to pay another 1 if anyone can tell me it looks like an agp card id rest a little easier until it got here
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Looks like a PCI-express to me...

AGP looks like this:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

Top=AGP
    Bottom=PCI Express

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks for the help guys thought it looked like pci chances are the y didnt have a picture availble for the agp so just put the similiar one on there
    they only other question i had is that i know you have to hook this card up to the power supply do i need to upgrade my computer any further for this card to work properly i bought this computer in 2005 but i dont know the voltage it has?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    thanks for the help guys thought it looked like pci chances are the y didnt have a picture availble for the agp so just put the similiar one on there
    they only other question i had is that i know you have to hook this card up to the power supply do i need to upgrade my computer any further for this card to work properly i bought this computer in 2005 but i dont know the voltage it has?
    Did your PC come with a user manual?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    it looks like AGP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ok so i orderd this ati radeon x1600 pro graphics card that is supose to host either a 4x or 8x agp but the only thing that makes me worry is that the image of the card from the company does not look like it will fit in an agp slot
    i normally wouldnt woory but i already had to send a pci express card back with a $27.00 restocking fee and dont want to have to pay another 1 if anyone can tell me it looks like an agp card id rest a little easier until it got here
    Damn, just take the extra time to read the description. That is definitely PCI-Express.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    You shouldnt have to, power supply connectors havent changed, white connector with four holes in it, should have a few spare hunging around inside your case.

About whether the card will fit, you could always buy a new/upgrade your motherboard .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    agp

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I would go with AGP since it's dedicated for video. But if your board comes with a PCI Xpress x16, go with that. But AGP surely over regular PCI.