Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Repairing RARs with PAR2 and Quickpar

towerblocks's Avatar MW2 ADDiCT

Arrow

Download Quickpar

Configuring QuickPar:
    After installing, open QuickPar and click 'Options', Copy the settings as below in the picture and press ok.

optionshk0.png

After you have download all RAR files and the first PAR2 file, open the PAR2 file to verify the downloaded files. QuickPar will start and this might be the result:

dlerrorgh0.png

As you can see two RAR files are incomplete (Freeware Collection.part6.rar and Freeware Collection.part7.rar). The bar shows us that we need to acquire 14 more blocks before we can repair the downloaded files. Usually a couple of PAR2 files are posted together with the RAR files (in this case we've already downloaded 10 blocks) but if there aren't enough PAR2 blocks available, we have to ask the poster to create and upload more blocks. This means that you don't have to tell the poster which files are missing or incomplete, you can just say how many blocks you need.

The 'Monitor' functionality can be very handy: when you keep QuickPar activated while downloading, it will check the download directory and verify the newly downloaded files immediately. When you activate 'AutoRepair', QuickPar will start repairing as soon as enough PAR2 blocks are downloaded.

When you have downloaded enough blocks, hit the 'Repair' button to start repairing.

dlfixpa3.png

After QuickPar is finished, the result will be:

fixednc4.png

As you can see all files are repaired! Now it is time to extract the files using WinRAR.
    Last edited by towerblocks; 10-19-2006 at 09:22 AM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    needs to be sticky'ed in more forums
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    You need to fix the images.

I suspect the site doesn't allow hot-linking.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    Retired
    You do not have to change the preferred block size if you never create PAR2 files yourself.

If you set the preferred block size for yEnc to 5.000 lines. You need to change the number of lines in yEnc to 5.000
    (CTRL+P -> Program -> Default Max Lines Per Part)

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    mickeyboyinoz
    hey guys....a quick question and please be gentle with me.....i,m a noob with newsbin....i recently downloaded nacho libre,and it was missing parts so i can not unzip the rar files....so i downloaded quickpar.....is there anyway i can fix it rather than downloading the thing all over again....as i was told you have to have quickpar running WHILE you download....any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    movbuff
    Just install QuickPar and the run the PAR2 file, It will say how may par files you need. Get those and run that par file again. Then if you have enough it will repair the files and done.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I suggest that whenever you download anything download all the par2 files at the same time, that will save a lot of hassles later, and it is well worth the bandwidth.

Another thing I have noticed, you may not have enough blocks to make the repair even after you have checked all the par2 files. However, take a look and see if any of your par2 files are classified as "incomplete downloads", if so click the open button and add them. It seems quickpar doesn't look at the incomplete par2 files, but I have successfully repaired several files that didn't have enough blocks, but manually adding in the incomplete par2 files.

Hopes this helps, as these par2 files make such a difference in adding to your overall success downloading from newsgroups.

Cheers!
    Last edited by artsluver; 10-21-2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typo

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    meo's Avatar RANDOM.ADS BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    thanks for the help!

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    uncle den
    Cheers a great help

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    nfsbeeddd
    thanks for great help

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast