Thread: Paragon Exact Image 7.0 Free till 11/01/06

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I lied. Only because I couldn't fit the whole title of my thread. Here it is:

Paragon Exact Image 7.0 SE & Drive Copy 8.0 SE FREE!!! deadline 11/01/06

Got this from Wilders.

Paragon Exact Image 7.0 SE
    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloa...94/exact-image
    The easiest and the most reliable solution for complete system and data backup!
    Create an exact hard drive backup image and protect your PC environment in the most simple and effective way.

Paragon Drive Copy 8.0 SE
    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloa...-copy-personal
    Copy your drive easily!
    Deploy your new hard drive with no reinstallations required, create disk to-disk copy of your hard drive or schedule these operations!

These are full versions. Free for personal use. Says trial but they're full retail. Link for serials towards bottom of page.

The following is my experience with Exact Image:

And beware the file on the home site is a different size (11.7MB vs 12.1MB) than the original link. Use the above links. Get a serial. Then register your products.

Why register? This gives the available updates/upgrades. But more importantly it lets you download the Paragon Recovery CD. Which is an interesting program. The Recovery CD is the complete Exact Image program. It has a exe extension. It doesn't install. It leads you through the steps to create a Recovery CD. I think it must be system specific. Otherwise it'd be just an iso. With the Recovery CD Exact Image does not need to be installed on your computer.

OK I booted from Paragon Recovery CD. Made an image at normal settings. ~18.2GB took about 1 hr & spanned over 4 DVDs. At best compression would've been 3 DVDs. It worked. Process time was 1hr to transfer/restore it. I took the image from my 40GB HDD in the form of 4 DVDs. And restored it to my 80GB HDD. Perfect. Only thing is it restored exactly so I had 40GB of unallocated space on my 80GB HDD. I then booted to Acronis Disk Director Suite & recovered the unallocated 40GB. Now I need to figure out how to restore an image proportionally not exactly.

This is the first time for me I've ever been able to restore an image (OS & data) using media other than HDD to HDD. I mean I've tried a lot of apps. They didn't work & took many hours which ended in failure. And I have at least an average understanding of most software. Paragon Exact Image solved this. Irritated me to no end. I'd read about others success with ATI & other apps. And I couldn't make them work. So I'm giving 10 thumbs up to Paragon Exact Image 7.0 SE. And it was free! And I got it from Wilders.
    Last edited by zapjb; 10-19-2006 at 01:02 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks fixed & tested links.

I don't why this happens sometimes. I c&p & brings 404. Still don't know wtf up with that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Thanks zapjb.

Paragon Drive Copy 8.0 SE
    Deploy your new hard drive with no reinstallations required, create dis***o-disk copy of your hard drive or schedule these operations!
    What are the missing letters?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I fn don't know how that happened either. F it won't let me paste "disk to-disk copy". WTF?

OK it finally let me . Is FST haunted?
    Last edited by zapjb; 10-19-2006 at 01:03 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    dis***o-disk copy

k - t

Wierd.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thanks Zap .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Got it now....Thankyou. Been looking for a more reliable image proggie after trying ATI 9.0.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Everybodies welcome.

This is 10x easier than any other imaging program I've ever tried.