Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If A Person Is Pro-Life.....

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    and believes a human comes into being at the moment of conception then the only reasonable circumstance for an abortion would be to save the mother's life.

To say that there are other extenuating circumstances is bunkum.

Rape? So you, Joe Pro-Lifer, condone the killing of a child due to an unwanted participant of the mother?

Incest? So kill the child because of possible birth defects or embarrassment?

Birth defects? See above. So kill the child because it will be inconvenient to manage?

If you have "extenuating" circumstances to your pro-life beliefs besides saving the mother, you are full of shit.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    and believes a human comes into being at the moment of conception then the only reasonable circumstance for an abortion would be to save the mother's life.

Rape? So you, Joe Pro-Lifer, condone the killing of a child due to an unwanted participant of the mother?

Birth defects? See above. So kill the child because it will be inconvenient to manage?

If you have "extenuating" circumstances to your pro-life beliefs besides saving the mother, you are full of shit.
    I am sorry but you are confusing me Busy. I was of the understanding that Pro-Lifers were against abortion under any circumstances. Maybe I am just picking you up wrong.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    I envision a future where abortion is extended to After Birth. The scenerio is thus: The child is delivered...the mother sees her newborn boy/girl and then depending on whether or not the child is favorable she(the mother) gets to keep or "abort".

I must somewhat echo what the old man said, Busy...Im assuming by your phrase of "killing the child" you are pro-life.
    this is a very good thread....let us continue.
    Last edited by rjfan; 10-20-2006 at 07:49 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rjfan View Post
    I envision a future where abortion is extended to After Birth. The scenerio is thus: The child is delivered...the mother sees her newborn boy/girl and then depending on whether or not the child is favorable she(the mother) gets to keep or "abort".

I must somewhat echoe what the old man said Busy...Im assuming by your phrase of "killing the child" you are pro-life.
    this is a very good thread....let us continue.
    To 'Abort' after birth would definately be murder though I am led to believe in discussions with people older than me,() that back in the time when most births were at home, a lot of 'murder' was committed by Mid-wives. If the baby was very badly deformed then the Mid-Wife did not resuscitate it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    rjfan's Avatar Rosebud...
    I was just making a very vulgar example. Its only a sick view into an exaggerated example of something I am not in agreement with.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I am sorry but you are confusing me Busy. I was of the understanding that Pro-Lifers were against abortion under any circumstances. Maybe I am just picking you up wrong.
    There are some pro-lifers that would say abortions are ok "under extenuating circumstances". I have heard this absent of saving the life of the mother.

Is there anyone here who feels the same way? I would understand if those remain silent.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The criteria for rape is a bit specific

BILL NAPOLI: A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life.
    the man himself

A religious virgin can understandably have an abortion if she is raped...... Any other raped woman probably enjoyed it so wouldn't qualify.

But then if she was given emergency contraception (or at least offered it) even if it "was against the doctor's moral values" this could be avoided
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-20-2006 at 04:55 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    The criteria for rape is a bit specific

BILL NAPOLI: A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life.
    the man himself

A religious virgin can understandably have an abortion if she is raped...... Any other raped woman probably enjoyed it so wouldn't qualify.

But then if she was given emergency contraception (or at least offered it) even if it "was against the doctor's moral values" this could be avoided
    He is full of sheeeeiiiitt!

I do like what he says at the very end about when he grew up. I really do.

However you can't force people to do that.

edit: I have to also agree with you last about the morning after pill. Isn't that available now?

edit: EPT Security
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    edit: I have to also agree with you last about the morning after pill. Isn't that available now?
    It will be soon, however that still doesn't mean that a woman can have access to it unless the pharmacist agrees.
    She still has to get it over the counter, it is not on the public "self serve shelves" so we still have the problem where a pharmacist can impose his personal values and refuse to give the woman her pills.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Why do you believe "saving the mother" to be a reason/the only reason mitigating the pro-life mindset?

You just derailed your own attempt at a "logic-lesson".

Try again, please, and remember not to shoot yourself in the foot this time.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast