Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did They Die For?

Karen DiConcet's Avatar -to - Festival newb
    That figure isn't that far off.

There's so far been about 3000 people of all nationalities killed.

Oh wait, that's 3000 every month.
    Lookit, it's one of those things that shows the music I listen to is better than you:

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen DiConcet View Post
    That figure isn't that far off.

There's so far been about 3000 people of all nationalities killed.

Oh wait, that's 3000 every month.
    Hella' lot of terrorists in the world.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Karen DiConcet's Avatar -to - Festival newb
    and that buggering shit terrorist is still on the loose, damn crazy-ass brits.
    Lookit, it's one of those things that shows the music I listen to is better than you:

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Yes there have been over 3,000 terrorist, Insurgents, foreigners (what ever you want to call them) killed in Iraq.
    And of course there is no official number. But the last estimate was over 3,000 this according to FoxNews

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Fox!!1!!

It must be true!

Last I checked some government spokesman claimed there'd been 3k terrorists killed, worldwide, in that wonderful war on terror Bush started.

Civilian casualties in Iraq are reported as being 40k+

And as for others killed in Iraq, lots of them hadn't been shooting at people or been blowing stuff up, had they not been attacked, and bombed, by the US.

(If a foreign power invaded YOUR country, would resisting make you a terrorist?)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY View Post
    So there weren't actually 3000 terrorists killed in Iraq then. You just pulled that number out of your arse.

'k, I was just checking.
    I sincerely hope you did not.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...es/casualties/

There have been 3,038 coalition deaths, 2,803 Americans, two Australians, 119 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, six Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Romanians, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the war in Iraq as of October 24, 2006, according to a CNN count. (Graphical breakdown of casualties). The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department. At least 21,077 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon
    The above is far more coalition personnel than was killed in the twin towers. It is discounting the number of Iraqi and terrorists that have killed. The only thing that all this has proved is that there is definately weapons of mass destruction in Iraq now.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Look… I am not happy that we are in Iraq and I wish we would have never gone in.
    But the original question was about what our solders are fighting for.
    Me being the optimist that I am, can see at least some good out of this war.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    I hope you do know that Al Qaida is a bunch of twats who'll take responsibility or claim that they've bled for whatever cause they think is good, at any opportunity.

It doesn't actually mean that 4000 of them died in Iraq, more like it, 4000 muslim troops may have died.

Somehow the muppets think that all muslims are in their team, or they make it sound that way when they make their wee announcements. They've also claimed to have fought and died in Cheznya, in one of them brilliant speeches I heard translated on the radio, FFS.
    Last edited by Snee; 10-24-2006 at 06:11 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    I can’t believe there are actually elected officials in our government that would fight for the rights of known terrorist that we have in custody.
    Do a search for the name Maher Arar.

As I posted in a different thread nobody wants to protect the terrorist. It is the innocent that due process protects. Due process doesn't protect the guilty.
    How would due process help a "known" terrorist....I mean if we know they are terrorist then the case would be made during the process.

Why do you think we have trials at all?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast