Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Language) Lounge Incest = England Wins

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I don't really believe there is a "domination of Americans" in the applicable area(s), Zed.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm quite sure there are at least several more participants (of those one would consider "active") from the eastern side of the pond.

As to the "wee" bit:

As a great admirer of things British(ish) all my days, I am greatly pleased to express to all of my U.K. board brethren my sincerest admiration for confirming all of my best and most accurate imaginings.

Having said that, I will forego any self-examination having as it's goal the determination of whether or not my use of the adverbial or adjective "wee" has British-influenced origins.

Now, having said that, I will also forego any inclination to deny that it is true.

Finally, I heartily contest the contention or implication that I don't have an open mind.

Every idea expressed in this forum is taken for the consideration it is due.

Some are better than others-what can I say?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    "Wee" is Scottish. Fact.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Statistics (not precise but obvious in relation to the actual word i ment was "a majority of")

[IMG][/IMG]

4. Lounge   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Statistics (not precise but obvious in relation to the actual word i ment was "a majority of")

[IMG][/IMG]
    My statement was meant to indicate that the areas where such differences are most evident (the Lounge and Drawing Room) are more heavily peopled by the gregarious U.K. crowd.

If you can check your stats for that, well...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer

[IMG][/IMG]
    What do the percents look like if you don't include the 87 percent of registered users that have one or less posts? To me it seems most of the people that are more well known here seem to be Canadian.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Indeed, agreed and agreed.

The well known chaps here are the sons of Canadia.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    the canadian lol boys have to be taken into account.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    the canadian lol boys need a kick in the cunt
    Fixed

9. Lounge   -   #19
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    What do the percents look like if you don't include the 87 percent of registered users that have one or less posts? To me it seems most of the people that are more well known here seem to be Canadian.

Those are unique hits, nothing to do with membership or posts. So it stands to reason that USA would have the most hits, what with you being a more populous country and all.

My experience of the off-topic areas of the board are that they are predominately British (though manker and Jpaul's sockpuppets probably make up about 50% of the British members). I think there are more Canadians than Americans round these parts but it's hard to tell, the lolboys tend to bend into one another.

10. Lounge   -   #20

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast