Thread: Can I save my rating when restarting eMule?

I'm farely new to eMule and I know that the networks gives you a better rating and you can download more, the more you upload.

So if I upload 100GB and then restart eMule. Will my upload rating reset or how does that work? Is it the nickname or ip? Because both of those can be changed easily since the nicknames don't require password or any other proof of id..?

Please enlighten me! Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    your credit rating is stored by others, not yourself
    so if you restart emule it will be just the same
    if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating

if this info is not 100% correct, somebody will probably say

i think there is more info on this in the emule help
    Last edited by AndrewBarker; 10-24-2006 at 03:21 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    >Is it the nickname or ip?
    Neither
    >if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating
    Wrong.

EMule uses cryptographic authentication so that people can't use modified clients to impersonate peers with lots of credit.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodiv View Post
    >Is it the nickname or ip?
    Neither
    >if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating
    Wrong.

EMule uses cryptographic authentication so that people can't use modified clients to impersonate peers with lots of credit.

Ok I dont want to impersonate, but I use emule "extreme" will my rateings be stored or still be lost? lol ive been using it for about 4 years without ever bothering with a nick, does that effect it?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    raysofsun's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Okie i too like to know...b'coz i have format my hard disk recently... will i loose my credits ?