Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Pirates!

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Last album I bought was Turbonegro - Scandinavian leather (see my avatar ). I usually buy my albums, it`s nice to have the original instead of a crappy cd-collection of cd-rs. But of course I burn albums as well when I`m so god damn broke, like now.
    Wish there was more high quality, full albums on kazaa though...

2. Music   -   #22
    Originally posted by adthomp@11 May 2003 - 10:56
    The price of CDs isn&#39;t as bad as people seem to think it is.
    if u live in austrralia like myself its &#036;30 for an album and &#036;10 for a single &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; so beat that&#33;&#33;&#33; that is expensive&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

At the current exchange rate a &#036;30 Aust. CD works out at only £12 and change. An £18 Cd in the UK would cost you nearly &#036;45 - that IS expensive. I think the whole of the UK has you beat Adthomp&#33;&#33; They must be more expensive elsewhere in the world surely??
    Signature removed

3. Music   -   #23
    BANNED
    At the current exchange rate a &#036;30 Aust. CD works out at only £12 and change. An £18 Cd in the UK would cost you nearly &#036;45 - that IS expensive. I think the whole of the UK has you beat Adthomp&#33;&#33;&nbsp; They must be more expensive elsewhere in the world surely??
    where did u get that info??

i always thought the aust dollar was worse then uks??

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by adthomp@11 May 2003 - 13:40
    At the current exchange rate a &#036;30 Aust. CD works out at only £12 and change. An £18 Cd in the UK would cost you nearly &#036;45 - that IS expensive. I think the whole of the UK has you beat Adthomp&#33;&#33;&nbsp; They must be more expensive elsewhere in the world surely??
    where did u get that info??

i always thought the aust dollar was worse then uks??

Worked the exchange rate out from The Financial Times. Quite simple really&#33;&#33;

CD pricing is a bad joke in the UK. Are we, as a nation, the most expensive when it comes to buying music???
    Signature removed

5. Music   -   #25
    BANNED
    god i thought i had it bad

yes it is a joke rediculous artist only get about 5% of it I wouldnt mind giving the artist money for it but f*ck the rest&#33;&#33;

6. Music   -   #26
    u2 the best of 1990-2000, i only buy u2 albums

7. Music   -   #27
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    yeah, i hate the fact there isnt that many good shops in the uk to get decent cds from, and in the end you have to resort to ordering them from america or somewhere and then get whacked with a huge shipping charge.

bah, humbug......
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

8. Music   -   #28
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    This week I bought several cd&#39;s. Johnny Lang (Lie to Me), Stevie Ray Vaughan (The Essential), The Vaughan Brothers (Family Style) and Eric Clapton (Unplugged).

Hadn&#39;t bought many cd&#39;s over the last few years....expense vs priorities.

Started buying again recently, time is right for me to build up my collection.

I want to rebuild my "shared folder" with high quality mp3&#39;s. The difference between the 128 kps CBR and the 192 VBR kps is amazing to me. I love the richer sound, but it means having to rip all my stuff again. Worth the effort though&#33;

9. Music   -   #29
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by oldmancan@11 May 2003 - 10:26
    I want to rebuild my "shared folder" with high quality mp3&#39;s. The difference between the 128 kps CBR and the 192 VBR kps is amazing to me. I love the richer sound, but it means having to rip all my stuff again. Worth the effort though&#33;
    Completely true. I wish more people were able to notice the difference.
    Proud member of MDS

10. Music   -   #30
    killallhippies's Avatar Poster
    The record companies are crying over spilt milk in the u.k. If the people of this septic isle who have p.c&#39;s couldn&#39;t download music we would simply buy them on-line from sites like play.com. The British music industry companys still wouldn&#39;t see our hard earned.
    Also, i don&#39;t see any established bands starving.
    A friend of mine is a struggling artist and he thanked me profusely for putting his music on kazaalite
    jugband boy in case you&#39;re interested, best song "here i come down".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast