Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what the f?

Angry

i have a 3 meg cable line using a macbook pro intel 2.0ghz duo prossesor 2 gigs ram running azureus and im only getting 26kB/s im port forwarding and everything. what is the problem?https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/mad.gif

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    try a torrent with 200 seeders and 50 leechers and see what is u'r speed
    if u try a torrent with more leechers then seeders or something close or very few seeders u'll get low spd.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    enable protocol encryption in the az options:

Options > Connection > Transport Encryption
    check all the boxes except for 'cryptoport' and set the level to RC4

try downloading an openoffice torrent and see if your speeds improve:
    http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    also download evid patch(Google It)and change max half open to 50 and also do the same in utorrent advanced preferences.This will definately help as it always does for me.Like phrenzy said utorrent is better then az when it comes to resources and to me its better in every other way too.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 10-26-2006 at 03:35 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Try Utorrent. It's not a resource hog like AZ....Alot of Trackers have banned AZ all together.......

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    cant say ive seen a tracker which has banned AZ, and with his 2gb of ram i also cant see why the 50mb AZ uses should be a problem to him?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think he saw that some of the older versions of Azereus are banned and got mixed up.I'm pretty sure the newest one isn't banned anywhere.Have you tried utorrent SD and you still would rather use azereus?Maybe i'll give azereus one more try just to see what its like now but utorrent still kicks ass either way.

LOL so i install azereus and i get a warning message at the bottom right hand corner that says this"azereus has detected the presence of 'imon.dll' This is part of 'nod32' and has been known to cause severe problems such as application crashes and high CPU usage.If you encounter these thne please uninstal nod32 or configure it to not affect azereus.

Can they really expect someone to uninstall there antivirus so it doesnt mess with there precious torrent program?Anyone else find it wierd that it asks you to uninstall your antivirus or what?
    Last edited by deuce6000; 10-26-2006 at 07:27 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I know U torrent kicks ass but i cant run it on a mac. I have encryption on tried more seeders but i think it may be my line.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    i think that the question is not by which torrent client download, but from what tracker,

maybe the author of this thread is downloading from some public torrent site, where's a lof of leeches but only a few seeders if any.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    true that FFh , it was turning into a utorrent vs AZ thread

to cal: are you sure youve forwarded the ports correctly? go here http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2 and do a "user specified custom port probe" on the port that you think you forwarded. If its correctly forwarded the scan will say "open!" if not then the ports most probabily the issue.

if that doesnt work try the old disable-the-firewall trick

failing that the only reason i can think of is that the isp is throttling your bandwidth and somehow getting round the encryption? i read some isp in australia was doing that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast