Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just An Idea

Originally posted by JPaul@11 May 2003 - 00:27
    I like to keep my books.

Even after I read them.
    I'm with ya there

Although I don't mind losing the paperbacks that I don't find particularly interesting, I tend to keep most until I can find a suitable hardback replacement.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9+11 May 2003 - 18:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 11 May 2003 - 18:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JPaul@10 May 2003 - 23:27
    I have books from 1902. Leather bound. I love them.
    Owned from new&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Cheeky bar steward.

I&#39;m only 76.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    killallhippies's Avatar Poster
    Curley, tell us your favourite five books then we can tell what you like.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Good idea, maybe i&#39;ll start a seperate thread for that since no-one seems interested in the idea

5. Lounge   -   #25
    The idea has some merit for ppl in same countries
    postage is usually paid by weight.
    I give my 2nd hand books to a psychiatric hospital ,salvation army may also be
    an idea?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    I do give the books that I can&#39;t sell on amazon to charity. I was actually trying to create a comminity between us book lovers by making it easy to get rid of books we don&#39;t want, while knowing that other members will have benefited.

Anyway, it was only an idea & I didn&#39;t expect anything to come of it, I just wanted peoples views.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Curley, here via your link in signature.

The book swapping is a alluring idea but I can&#39;t see it taking off. Just because of the cost balance between value and postage. In this community, even if a fair % participated say 3-5, the participants would be too far flung to make it a deal.

But for novelty value not to mention freindship building... well then the postage doesn&#39;t seem a high price. So maybe someone will offer to trade. Besides FC&#39;s *cough*generous *cough* one.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    I&#39;d be interested in trading some stuff - but most of my good books I reread at least once every one or two years. It has occurred to me, however, that I have a number of books that I would be happy to get rid of in exchange for another good read. I have a pretty large collection spanning pretty much every genre. What kind of stuff are you interested in?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    just take the books u dont want any more and scan them and ocr them and post a link

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by QuietSilence&#33;@13 May 2003 - 03:44
    just take the books u dont want any more and scan them and ocr them and post a link
    It would take me at least a whole day, probably two to go through all my books, let alone scan and link them. If anyone is really interested, then tell me what you&#39;re after, I&#39;ll tell you what I&#39;m after and we&#39;ll go from there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast