Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snatching

Question Mark

I just seen the new message on TL about snatching. Now can someone explain this to me.

Is it - I download a torrent from TL and then find the same file (everything the same) on another torrent and upload it there? As i posted a couple of weeks back and alot of people here do that. Or have i got my wires crossed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I guess they mean the original uploaders and NOT if you snatch it from TL first, then find it in another tracker and help seed to increase your ratio.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Here is the message:

2006-10-27 - REMINDER

Just a small reminder for some people out there: SNATCHING torrents from TorrentLeech to upload it on another tracker is STRICTLY forbidden. Lately we noticed lot of (most of them new) trackers (and some lame "big" ones *cough*cough) that use TL as their source to upload new stuff. Just a headsup for ppl that may don't know that and are unaware of the rules here, doing that will get you banned. Instantly, including your whole invitation tree plus the person who invited you. You have been warned

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    they meant don't steal torrents from TL and upload them to other trackers get your own sources

like one of their uploaders did here

downloading torrents from other trackers and seeding them on TL as well i think it's still allowed
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    TL are full of s**t. they tell their users not to upload things they have downloaded onto other sites... and yet the uploaders on TL do the exact same thing there regularly.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ah makes sence now thanks. TL do seem to be devils advocate though

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    As far as I'm concerned the file is yours once you download it. You can do whatever you want with it. The .torrent file that is specific to the site is a different story. For example, if you download "Evidence: The Last Ritual (c) The Adventure Company" by DEVIANCE there is no reason you can't take that file and upload it somewhere else using the other sites .torrent file. Just be sure you use the original file(s) minus any files that the site you got it from included. This is true for the .torrent files too. Don't take the exact .torrent file and use it on another site (like a public tracker). Create a completely new .torrent file with new trackers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the file is yours once you download it. You can do whatever you want with it. The .torrent file that is specific to the site is a different story. For example, if you download "Evidence: The Last Ritual (c) The Adventure Company" by DEVIANCE there is no reason you can't take that file and upload it somewhere else using the other sites .torrent file. Just be sure you use the original file(s) minus any files that the site you got it from included. This is true for the .torrent files too. Don't take the exact .torrent file and use it on another site (like a public tracker). Create a completely new .torrent file with new trackers.
    Just a small reminder for some people out there: SNATCHING torrents from TorrentLeech to upload it on another tracker is STRICTLY forbidden
    They didn`t mean snatching .torrent but snatching releases. More and more sites ban users for uploading releases on other trackers (FТN , ScT, vipmusic (for collections, etc. ) and now TL.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    the problem is that the TL admins and uploaders are now saying that the files you download belong to them... and you cannot do with them what you want once you have downloaded them.

this is absolutely ridiculous as the files dont even belong to them in the first place.

i can understand when talking about site specific packs that they put together... but everything is stupid and TL should be ashamed of themselves. behaving like spoiled children.
    Last edited by pandapop; 10-28-2006 at 06:49 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    yep, they steal releases themselves (from The Scene or from iplay)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast