I started using this bittorrent lark again a week to 10 days ago, I downloaded ok, not brilliantly, usually 30 - 40 kb/s occasionally 100 and once 230 kb/s.
I downloaded a few files most I made available for upload for a short time afterwards. I've seen people talk about "my ratio" how does one check "my ratio"? (I use BC 0.60).
Now pretty much all of a sudden, one morning I found I got nothing in DL from any torrent. I tried opening a new torrent, but I got error messages, I decided to check what would happen if I deleted a file (task) (I had 14 at the time about 8 @ 100% 3 - 4 0% 1- 2 30% ) After I had deleted a torrent task I found I could open another new torrent....???? Is this right? Are you limited by drive space for the download folder? or is it a limit on the No. of tasks allowed at one time?
But with my new torrents even these would not download. I decided to delete the whole program and start afresh, this worked a little bit, I got some limited connections but now most connections are below 1kb/s. Is there anyway I can determine if this is packet wrapping by my ISP? I have encryption enabled. And would my ISP have switched on packet wrapping overnight on me like that?
The only time I get some good dl speed now is if I dl a top 100 file with loads of seeds, I did this earlier, most connections were about 1kb/s but one or 2 were 5kb and 11 kb, but I guess the sheer number of connections brought my speed up to 40 - 50 kb/s.
I think I'll have to give up this torrent lark it all seems a bit (no pun intended) crap if you ask me.
Update: I installed utorrent, the speeds are about 40 - 50 kb/s but as to whether enabling or disabling encryption makes any difference in utorrent, I don't think it does I still get 40 kb/s 45 kb/s with encrypt disabled. So maybe the problem with BC is either a glitch (but I reinstalled) or the banning of BC suddenly affected me after 2 weeks?
Update:!! Just tried BC on the file that was succesful in utorrent which had previously been unsuccessful in BC, and it was fine! got a down load of 41kb/s same as in utorrent, so I got no idea what's going on now.
update No3. Just tried obscure file that gets almost zero response in BC 0.60, I got a good download speed straight away of about 40 - 50 kb/s in utorrent.
I'm still not happy about my download speed overall especially when I have 2 files downloading, I get 50 - 60 on 1 file but when I start the other file, both files go at about 18 - 20 it just doesn't make sense. I need a fileshare which isn't dependant on upload speed and silly ratios. Time to try out lime and emule.
I'll also add that utorrent slows down my internet surfing just like BC does. This doesn't happen in kazaa k++!