Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecting Car Subwoofers And Amps To The Comp

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    yes it is poss, get a headphone to rca convert and hook it up from there then (dangerous&#33 us a car battery charger or a a/c-to-d/c converter (easily)but those can be a bit pricey, and last, just use a fan to cool the amp
    now this setup would destroy your amplifier and probably electrocute you for wiring it up. you wire up your amp with a power lead straight from the positive on the battery and the negative on the amp connects to the metal chasis of your car. this earth's your amp allowing current to flow directly from your battery to the metal of your car though the amp.

Home electric runs on a/c, car electric on d/c, and they aren't compatible. In addition, home speakers and car speakers are difference resistance. Car speakers are 4ohm, home speakers are 8ohm, two different things
    sorry but my home speakers are 4ohm. this just means that they are harder for my amp to drive. Most car speakers are higher then 8 ohms so that crappy little stereo can run them. then again my sisters speakers are 16 ohm.

sorry but your gonna have to face it hooking them up through a home stereo amp is probably the best option. This will damge the speakers and amp but thats the price you pay.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    damn u guys are smart but i was thinking of taking a normal 1/8 headphone cable take off the plastic covering and conncet the neg and pos wires to the amp and get big cable to connect the amp to the sub then use a/c to d/c convertor but the only problem is the convertor is expensive and i already set aside the money for the 2 subs and one amp but ill find the money.

thanks alot for ur help guys.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    hmmmmmm i thought about that but here in canada the nosise filters cost more than the amp and i dont want to risk the hydrogen gas explosion cuz well.......for one thing i dont want myself and my precious pc to get blown to bits but thanks for ur help but im considering trying this on my old pc so notin will happen to it or have a electirc discharge over the house circuits.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    surely the risk of explosion (from evolution of hydrogen gas from sulphuric acid) is not a risk at all. aren't all heavy-duty batteries sold in cases, which would prevent such a leak?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12