Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TorrentFlux vs. all other clients

Question Mark

Hi All,

What do you think about about this web based PHP torrent client ?
    I've been using it for a copule of days and find it very well.
    Was very easy and quick to setup on my CentOS 4.4 Apache server.
    Very handy thing is user managment and you don't have to leave many running pc's if have small LAN at home and different people want to download something.
    What's more storage is centralized and you can setup ftp server to allow everybody access all downloaded data.
    There is some missing things. It should have option to set max down and up speed for each user but I score it 9/10.

Waitinig for your oppinions.

Regards.

---
    www.TorrentFlux.com

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    why should i prefer this one over utorrent or azureus?
    i don't think i need anything else that isn't offered by those nice clients...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thenastyguy BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    torrentflux isn't a normal bt client. IF someone has access to a 100mbit server then you can have great upload speeds and get better ratio on a private trackers very quick. It's a great thing for those who don't have a amazing internet connection.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    n00b
    torrentfluxx is mess. if you run it on a small shared server. it will eat up all of the resources and it will not take long and your hoster killst your account.
    if you got an "normal" pc -> azureus or utorrent
    when you got root access i can recommend rtorrent it is pure console client.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I run it on my home server:

2 x Pentium III 1 GHz
    2 x 100Mbit NICs
    3 x 74GB SCSI U320 HDDs
    512 MB RAM

It uses about 5% of CPUs in total, doesn't kill my connection (16Mbit Down, 1Mbit Up)
    Have httpd, ftp, mail server.

I don't think it is 'mess'. I think it's better to have dedicated pc for downloads in LAN than runnig few copies of uTorrent. I don't want to run uTorrent, because I can't centralize the administration and not everybody wil access it, I don't let anybody to enter my room. I could setup VNC or something but then they will have access to whole PC.

I get the same transfers as with uTorrent and my laptop doesn't have to run 24/7.

TorrentFlux Rulezzz

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ChairmanOfTheBoard BT Rep: +1
    gotta say i have used tflux and i hated it.. for running on linux boxes i have to say i agree with macosbrain rtorrent is the way to go

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    << Yeah the original TF isnt very good....but its a way to get by w/ torrents and linux. Probably the easiest way to go.

Personally i like this version of TF
    http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/

<< Much better, more stable and more options
    Proud Member of:

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    who knows... BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    azureus FTW

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Liked's Avatar Gamefreak BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I use uTorrent @my seederbox because I used Torrentfluxx and it takes too much time to create a torrent and the speed up/down was not at the maximum.uTorrent full down/up @100 Mbit

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    its my first time to hear about what the hell is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast