Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti Spyware?

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I have NOD32, and spybot S&D..thats all ive ever used. But it seems like everytime I run spybot theres something new to remove. Is there some sort of low resource half decient spyware blocker? What am I looking for here?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm using an all in one myself F-secure , more of a Internet Security suite . But have you tryed Giant or Microsoft's one ? I like Giant its works silently in the back ground , I only notice it at startup . I found Spybot was very slow to update .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Do you have Spywareblaster installed?

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Giant was bought by microsoft..and I dont have a genuine version of XP so I cant download and install it.

What else can I do?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Giant was bought by microsoft..and I dont have a genuine version of XP so I cant download and install it.

What else can I do?

Download Giant or CounterSpy same program as the Microsoft one and still licenced for a few years if memory serves me right . Search for them as their still out there . If you need a hand PM me .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I use the Immunize and Tea-Timer features in Spybot and never seem to get hit by anything more malicious than tracking cookies.

I also use Kaspersky Internet Security which has inbuilt spy-/ad-/mal-ware blocking but haven't seen a notification from it yet so I presume Spybot's keeping things safe on its own.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    @chewie , I seem to like the bundled all in one Internet Security programs the best . Just seem to work flawlessly or in more tuned ? I'm still using Giant but almost thought the dam thing did n't work as I never seem to get a notification other than a "new start " up program asking to be installed . I try a lot of new programs so no surprise there .

If it works don't fix it I guess .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I tried out this giant thing on my mums laptop. Ran a scan, came up with 1 bad file.

Then ran S&D and it came up with 9 more that Giant missed. Is this normal?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    No that does seem right , is Spybot finding your p2p programs ? I mean Microsoft thought so highly of Giant and Counterspy that they bought the rights to the licence . Did you update definitions first before you scaned ? I 'd like to see a screen shot if I could .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    smalle's Avatar Belgian Waffle Lover
    you should try hitmanpro (http://members.home.nl/mloman/hitmanpro25.exe). Its some kind of 'anti spyware pack and installs alot of antispywaretools for you (like a codecs pack). Too bad most of it is in dutch...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast