Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Dray74
    Hello all,

Wondering if I could get some help here? I am completely new to this world and am experiencing some difficulties. I am running Newsleecher which I think I have figured out no problem. I leech the .rar files and the .par files no problem. Have my complete list and use quick par, now when using this program do I select all the .par files and then create? This is what I have done and I think it is right. Then I use Winrar on all the .rar files to create the movie (I think) but all I get is a Windows Media file that only plays sound, I get no video? Do I extract the files into a seperate folder or into the same folder the other files are in? Also a friend got me started on this and said I should end up with an .iso file? I dont think this is happening. Is anyone able to help me out and perhaps send me on the correct path?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wish I could help, Im having the same problem...I have a rar file..I use winrar to extract...then I end up w/ a whole bunch of rar files..(43 I think)..they are all labeled..part 1 etc...I dont know anything about par files...sorry

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I get is a Windows Media file that only plays sound, I get no video?
    This is one of two things.
    a.) you need a codec to run the video. Downloading and installing the k-lite codec pack may resolve your issue. link

b.) the file simply has no sound or was broken when posted.

Do I extract the files into a seperate folder or into the same folder the other files are in?
    It does not matter where you extract the file to as long as you can find it again.

Also a friend got me started on this and said I should end up with an .iso file?
    After you un-rar you will get whatever file was posted. If you get an Iso, an Iso was posted. If you get a bin a bin was posted. If you get an avi that was what was posted. Un-raring the post doesn't change the type of file you end up with.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Dray74
    Thanks for your help

Must have been what happened

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    people here to help each others

6. File Sharing   -   #6