Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fractured ankle...

MotoR6
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    All pills are "little girl pills" fool, only girls take painkillers.

Then again:

Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Rolled on it during volleyball today
    and:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordon
    I did the exact same thing playing badminton
    Volleyball? Badminton? You are a bunch of girls.
    lol

Actually I shouldn't laugh my brother played Volleyball and he's gangsta, haha.

Speaking of breaking ankles, I went to work with my pops on the first day of summer break (about 10-12 years ago), fell off a 3 foot latter, broke my ankle. Worst part is, we thought it was just a bad sprain so I hung out in my Dad's truck all day while he worked.

In July of 2004, I was in a bad motorcycle accident, compound fractures of both my ankles, morphine drip at the hospital, I hated that sh!t. A couple of surgeries, 4 months in a wheel chair and some PT and I'm back to about 85%, I'm thankful I can still walk at all. Have some nice titanium pins, rods and screws now though.

Oh and heal up man.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I could never drive a motorcycle. If you crash in a car, theres metal and well...car around you. You hit something with a motorcycle the best you can do is pray for wings

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoR6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    All pills are "little girl pills" fool, only girls take painkillers.

Then again:

and:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordon
    I did the exact same thing playing badminton
    Volleyball? Badminton? You are a bunch of girls.
    lol

Actually I shouldn't laugh my brother played Volleyball and he's gangsta, haha.

Speaking of breaking ankles, I went to work with my pops on the first day of summer break (about 10-12 years ago), fell off a 3 foot latter, broke my ankle. Worst part is, we thought it was just a bad sprain so I hung out in my Dad's truck all day while he worked.

In July of 2004, I was in a bad motorcycle accident, compound fractures of both my ankles, morphine drip at the hospital, I hated that sh!t. A couple of surgeries, 4 months in a wheel chair and some PT and I'm back to about 85%, I'm thankful I can still walk at all. Have some nice titanium pins, rods and screws now though.

Oh and heal up man.
    Comparing with your injury, I think I've already healed
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Lounge   -   #24
    MotoR6
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    I could never drive a motorcycle. If you crash in a car, theres metal and well...car around you. You hit something with a motorcycle the best you can do is pray for wings
    Motorcyles are dangerous, no doubt, but extremely fun, addicting and almost therpautic to a certain extent. The thing is you just have to respect them, wear good protective gear, and be aware of everything going on around you.

There are motorcycle safety training courses that I highly recommend for anyone interested in riding. Oh and everyone crashes eventually, just hope / pray it's not to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    Comparing with your injury, I think I've already healed
    I think bad sprains can hurt as bad or worse than breaks, I was full of adrenaline and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, I think my body was in shock.

You'll be back to 100% soon enough.

Here is an old sig I used on the motorcyle board I visit.

Show both my left and right foot, the right foot (left side of pic) eventually had another surgey and a cast was put on. Anyways sorry didn't mean to derail your thread.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Yeah, motorbikes are dangerous...

I have a motorike here and i crashed at about 40mph into the side of a taxi that pulled out of a driveway without looking.

I flew, landed on my back, and was absolutely fine (thanks to the helmet).

But, its all luck...next time i doubt i'll be so lucky.

Always said i wouldnt buy a bike as they are too dangerous. You can be the best rider in the world, but t only takes another bad driver to kill u.

Seems u were quite lucky to get away from that alive Motorr6....what happened? How fast etc?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    MotoR6
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Seems u were quite lucky to get away from that alive Motorr6....what happened? How fast etc?
    I got cut-off by a lunatic driver in an SUV (Honda CRV or RAV4, don't remember, they took off). They cut me off but there was a car in front of them, they seemed to be in a rush, they slammed on the brakes, I slammed on my front brakes and endo'd into the back of the SUV, went tumbling down the street with the bike flipping onto my legs. I was doing about 55pmh when I was cut off.

Witnesses stayed around and told the Police what happend, the other driver took off and was never found, the Police report noted that the other driver was at fault and left the scene of an accident with injuires.

I still believe most motorcyle accidents can be prevented and contrary to popular belief most of the times it is rider error.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    I got cut-off by a lunatic driver in an SUV (Honda CRV or RAV4, don't remember, they took off). They cut me off but there was a car in front of them, they seemed to be in a rush, they slammed on the brakes, I slammed on my front brakes and endo'd into the back of the SUV, went tumbling down the street with the bike flipping onto my legs. I was doing about 55pmh when I was cut off.

Witnesses stayed around and told the Police what happend, the other driver took off and was never found, the Police report noted that the other driver was at fault and left the scene of an accident with injuires.

I still believe most motorcyle accidents can be prevented and contrary to popular belief most of the times it is rider error.
    Yes but nevertheless most crashes are either paralyzing or fatal. Unrelated to whether if it's the rider's fault.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Yes but nevertheless most crashes are either paralyzing or fatal. Unrelated to whether if it's the rider's fault.
    Most crashes result in the rider being paralyzed or killed?

Three members of my family have been involved in accidents whilst riding their bikes and are still alive/unparalyzed. So either they beat the odds or you're just talking shit...

9. Lounge   -   #29
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Did any ankle schrapnel hurt any innocent bystanders?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

Most crashes result in the rider being paralyzed or killed?

Three members of my family have been involved in accidents whilst riding their bikes and are still alive/unparalyzed. So either they beat the odds or you're just talking shit...
    While there is no denying the relative vulnerability of a biker, I have to agree, so long as a helmet and proper gear is worn.

I've been in two highway-speed wrecks (one was a straight lay-down; the other was a cut-off; clipped the bumper and cartwheeled into the road side) and had naught but road-rash and bruises.

In both cases I was wearing helmet and riding leather.

Oddly enough (or not, I guess), I've had several off-road tumbles, which resulted in wrecked knees, ankles and shoulders.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast