Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Long Does It Take You To Dl A Movie?

Say, a movie like x2? I have cable and it took me like 45 min to dl ice age. ANyone know why?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    There are many different things that determine the time it'll finish. Most of the times, it's the speed you're getting while download the file. Here's a guide:

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami & modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite [K++ Edition]
    Speed and PL System Basics:

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
    If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.

Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources = better speed (But, most of the times, it's the quality of the source)
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Verifieds does not mean it'll always start right away! It's just used to increase the chance of finding the right file.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK! :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    great dudes at it again
    Say, a movie like x2? I have cable and it took me like 45 min to dl ice age. ANyone know why?
    u think thats bad try 56k like myself and see how fast it takes!!! (at least i only have it for another week)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    Sorry double post!!

my fault this time not the forum

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Two and a half weeks and counting.

Teach me again for wanting rare files.

Someone force mainstream tastes on me!

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    (ties him down, pinches nose and sticks a spoon of mainstream goodness into mouth)

better now???

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Retired
    /deleted
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 11-17-2008 at 01:01 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@11 May 2003 - 14:26
    post to make all 56 k users a little bit angry:

U MOTHER F**KIN' TWAT

U said get angry i have to leave k/l on 24/7 just to get one down by the end of the week

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@11 May 2003 - 13:26

Thats impresive. but icould make it faster than that with a little help form sm paint

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Retired
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe+11 May 2003 - 15:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizzandabe @ 11 May 2003 - 15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--{I}{K}{E}@11 May 2003 - 13:26

Thats impresive. but icould make it faster than that with a little help form sm paint [/b][/quote]
    trying to be funny???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast