Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BASTARD Bitmetv.org admins

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I got banned from BitMeTV, too. Only got one torrent - seeded forever, but never recovered.

I talked to them on mirc once, said SOL. The second time they let me back in to raise it, but got disabled again after 12hours. I gave up.

***I've ALWAYS said that I wish large file sites would adopt more reasonable ratio requirements...Like Oink. Man, that place is paradise.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    Maybe my point is not clear.Let me make it clear:
    1-I've been a member for over 6 months
    2-I had a good ratio. I accept 0.5 my mine was 0.8
    3-I didn't cheat nor used a banned client(sticked with utorrent and downloaded what version they wanted)
    4-I didn't hit&run.Always seeded for longtime
    5-I didn't use proxy.In my earlier posts i mentioned that i used proxy for another account(that account is still active)

Despite all , my account was disabled.I have no idea what happened.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    I got banned from BitMeTV, too. Only got one torrent - seeded forever, but never recovered.

I talked to them on mirc once, said SOL. The second time they let me back in to raise it, but got disabled again after 12hours. I gave up.

***I've ALWAYS said that I wish large file sites would adopt more reasonable ratio requirements...Like Oink. Man, that place is paradise.
    i think a ratio of 0.5 is as reasonable as it gets, i mean you are allowed to leech twice as much as you seed before getting into any trouble, what more can you ask for?

some sites (sct) do not disclose their ratio requirements because they think that it would encourage users to "under-seed", so on those sites, any ratio below 1 can possibly get you in trouble. so in comparison, dont you think that the fact that you already know what is expected of you when joining a site like bitmetv is quite an advantage?

the problem most new bitmetv users dont understand is that they shouldnt fuck up their ratio and afterwards hope it will go up by seeding, but rather make sure it doesnt go bad in the first place. after you have made a nice buffer you can afford to leech large season packs, but its best to start small at first. if you get greedy you'll likely find yourself shy of one bitmetv acct soon

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareko View Post
    Anyway love it or hate it, the strict rules and policies serve their purpose and have helped bitmetv become one of the, if not the best, sites dedicated to tv
    no doubt. I can't think of any other site that beats it when it comes to tv content.

Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    its funny that the users who follow the rules never have this issue, aint it?

myfranco: judging from your initial post in this thread, I would venture to guess that you also used the same sort of language in the PM you sent from your friend's account. no wonder they banned it also...

edit: after reading another post, you also sound like an immature idiot, to wish death on someone for banning you from a computer site.
    Last edited by lysine; 11-03-2006 at 10:33 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    A 0.05 ratio sucks, and your pissed off..Grow up and move on... I think the rest of the site should be pissed off because you where a leecher...

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    I think you should stop crying like a little girl. There is a reason why you got banned. I don't care WHY you got banned and neither does anyone else. Keep your nose clean, seed the files you take for 24+ hours and keep smartass remarks to yourself. People like you complain about these sites like they owe you something. They don't owe you anything and you want to know what the best part is? You'll be replaced by someone else on any site the moment they BAN you.
    Everything so true above .

Keep a good ratio 0.8 in book is not good enough @ least 1:1 more if you can .
    And also think before you post smartass coments as it won't get you anwhere coz you still is banned .

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Well, minus the attitude and all the bad rep I can usually (and try to) understand someone's problem with ratio if they are a new member to a site...I think we all forget sometimes how hard it is to start out at ZERO.

But hey...I'm just too nice of a guy I guess...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    damn man u are waaay off course with that remark, u dont have the slightest clue what youre talking about.

but then again, alot of frustrated users that use those sites yet dont feel the need to abide by rules and just take everything for granted think exactly like you.

seriously, if you dont like a site feel free not to use it, but dont start bashing its admins becuz you cant follow some simple rules that are there to benefit everybody.
    its funny that the users who follow the rules never have this issue, aint it?
    Who said i had a problem with rules? So I like a site but hate the admins. As far as I'm concerned admins do not equal site.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    It really doesn't matter if they banned me or not.I was really pissed off because it's the first time something like this happened to me.
    @Lysine i don't want anybody die for that , it was just anger that's it.And they won't die just i said that.
    And for some saying 1:1 ratio that's true.However,sometimes your ratio may drop to .8 or .9 just because downloading a source with good seeders and less leechers.
    Anyway , bitmetv is a good site i agree but admins are really stupid.That is what i think about them.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    MrChaos's Avatar TopHos SysOp
    well.. first off, i dont see 0.8 as a 'good' ratio.. if it were me thats not even an acceptable one on my own account.. but anyway..

now.. i saw someone talk earlier about the strict seeding rules and how they wish they were be less strict than 1:1.. lets think about this now... would you be happy getting 40% of a file? no.. so why should they have to accept you giving 40% of it back? and a lot of sites have either a minimum seed to ratio OR a time limit to seed.. standard is 1:1 or 72 hours i believe.. whats the harm in leaving a torrent in your client if no one is getting it? whats it hurting? quit whining, leave it for 72 hours.. then you're free and clear right?

and if you're having such an issue seeding these files.. set your download speed so its lower than your upload speed so then by the time you finish your file, its fully seeded.. OR.. dont jump on every single file you see.. have some restraint man! lol grab 1 or 2 files.. seed them back, then grab 2 more.. do this until you've got some breathing room, then you can go for more.. this is how i start out on any new site.. usually 1 file and seed it till it dies, and i have ratios in some places that are in the tb's

i do know some Admins on sites have attitudes and seem like jerks.. but those of you who arent staff, you dont understand the crap we deal with everyday from people throwing a fit.. like some of the people ive seen in this thread.. if you came at me with that attitude im gonna take you down to chinatown my friend! you have no idea how many people there are who cant accept a hit and run warning when its clearly deserved.. ive only come across a few who have, and one was a 15 year old

so before you go and send an admin some nasty message next time.. just remeber, hes probably already had 10 of them that day, and you could just be the unlucky one who pushes him over the edge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast