Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BASTARD Bitmetv.org admins

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I once got a "warning" for a torrent I had stopped seeding. My ratio is over 3 but they also have a rule where you must also upload 70% of any individual thing you download.

I PMed the admin chap and explained that I hadn't actually stopped seeding per se, just temporarily coz I was doing something else. I also explained that if that was a problem I would be on my way, wishing him and his site the best of luck.

I got a PM in reply saying, not a problem, thanks for explaining, warning lifted.

A lot of it is down to how you deal with people. We sometimes forget that because we are typing onto a screen rather than talking to someone, face to face.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    MrChaos's Avatar TopHos SysOp
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I once got a "warning" for a torrent I had stopped seeding. My ratio is over 3 but they also have a rule where you must also upload 70% of any individual thing you download.

I PMed the admin chap and explained that I hadn't actually stopped seeding per se, just temporarily coz I was doing something else. I also explained that if that was a problem I would be on my way, wishing him and his site the best of luck.

I got a PM in reply saying, not a problem, thanks for explaining, warning lifted.

A lot of it is down to how you deal with people. We sometimes forget that because we are typing onto a screen rather than talking to someone, face to face.

well said JPaul, people seem to forget sometimes that site staff are people too.. ok that sounded really cheesy but i dont care lol
    Last edited by MrChaos; 11-04-2006 at 02:09 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MrChaos View Post
    well said JPaul, people seem to forget sometimes that site staff are people too.. ok that sounded really cheesy but i dont care lol
    That did sound cheesy...but well said
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    MrChaos as far as i remember that was my post to Bitme Admin:

------Beginning of P.M.-----
    "Hi , i have an account which was disabled(account name).
    My ratio was about .85 and i was still seeding.I didn't get any warning, i was not cheating , not using a banned client.I didn't give my account to somebody else.

This account i'm using belongs to a friend of mine and i found it the only way to communicate with you.

I would not thank to the site for disabling my account but please tell me where i was wrong?"
    ------End of P.M.-----------

And please don't tell me .85 is a bad ratio in Bitmetv.I know the rules.Their limit is .7 even in that case you get a warning not get disabled.

I'm using torrent for 3 years and believe me i know what is seeding and leeching.In some sites it's quite easy to keep your ratio and bitmetv is not one of them.
    One more think i have a connection of 600k/sec download and upload(yes upload is also 600k/sec.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Are we going round in circles here, or just beating a dead horse? Perhaps both. You got banned, no amount of childish ranting and raving is going to bring your account back. Mature, level headed and civilized conversation will, but not this.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    Mature, level headed and civilized conversation will, but not this.
    Well said.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    Mature, level headed and civilized conversation will, but not this.
    Well said.
    That sounded cheesy, too. But right...well said.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post

Well said.
    That sounded cheesy, too. But right...well said.
    How can "Well said" sound cheesy, unless Cheese says it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    I meant the original post by delimare of
    "Mature, level headed and civilized conversation will, but not this."

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    you can only get a max of 256
    umm,im in australia i i've got a 1024 upload 40/40gig of data + phone for 90bucks a month, you haven't been doing much research have you ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast