Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demonoid Stats not updating

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i tested demonoid a few weeks ago, i logged in and out all day just to see if it would update, that day it did, twice!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I've had the same problems too. Sometimes it updates then most of the time it doesnt.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I've uploaded so much on there that doesn't update. It's as if it updates when it wants to, and even then only for a few minutes. Oh well.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    recently my stats havent updated either. I'm too used to it so i dont bother logging in and out etc.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Ok well they finally updated the FAQ and because demonoid is a public site, they don't use individual passkeys for each user. Rather they log the user id and ip address. If you have a dynamic ip or your static ip changed (my problem) the tracker will not associate your ip with your client but because its public, its not really affected except no stats are recorded.

The fix is simple. Shut down your torrent client. Then log in to demonoid, then log out. then log in again. Browse the website for about 10 minutes, just click it once in awhile. Then it will associate your ip with your client. Then just restart your client and your set. Hope this helps. It doesnt really matter though because demonoid is public so stats don't mean anything.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Same problem. I tried the login/logout thingy so I guess I'll see where that goes.

And Demonoid is completely public now?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    i've stopped trying to figure it out long time ago...

i havent used the site in some months but funny, my stats updated less than a week ago. seems like got 80 gigs of upload (woot) so i guess i dont mind that much

EDIT: checked again now and it seems ive upped another 30 gigs and dled 5... am i good or what
    Last edited by syD; 11-07-2006 at 04:11 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Demonoid isn't completely public, but almost! my stats seem to update regularly, bout once a day...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If your looking for accurate stats and staff that cares about ratio then you probably shouldnt use demonoid they dont seem to care about anything.Still a good site though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    no problem with me. It updates each day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12