Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top evangelical in gay sex furore

Long story short, America's top evangelical christian (who has been campaigning vigorously against gay marriage and is a close advisor to El Pres) has been accused of having regular sex with a male prostitute and taking crystal meth (a highly addictive party drug popular on the gay scene).
    So far he has admitted taking the meth, but denies being unfaithful with his wife

US pastor resigns in gay sex row

The leader of the 30-million-member National Association of Evangelicals in the US has resigned after being accused of paying for sex with a man. The Reverend Ted Haggard said he would also temporarily step aside as head of his 14,000-strong New Life Church while his colleagues investigated the claims.

Mr Haggard, who is known as a vocal opponent of same-sex marriages, denies the accusations. But a spokesman for his Colorado church said he had admitted "some guilt".

The row began after Mike Jones told a radio show in Denver, Colorado, that he had been paid to have sex with Mr Haggard nearly every month over the past three years.

In a statement to the New Life Church, Mr Haggard said he could "not continue to minister under the cloud created by the accusations ... I am voluntarily stepping aside from leadership so that the overseer process can be allowed to proceed with integrity," he said.

In an interview with KUSA-TV, Mr Haggard said he "never had a gay relationship with anybody".

"I'm steady with my wife, I'm faithful to my wife," he said. But the acting pastor of his church in Colorado, Ross Parsley, said Mr Haggard had made some admissions.

"There has been some admission of indiscretion," he said. "Not admission to all of the material that has been discussed, but there is an admission of some guilt."

The allegations come as voters in Colorado and several other US states are due to hold simultaneous votes on gay marriage laws.

Mr Jones, 49, said Mr Haggard's public stance on gay marriage had prompted him to reveal the details of their relationship. "It made me angry that here's someone preaching about gay marriage and going behind the scenes having gay sex," Mr Jones told the Associated Press news agency.

Mr Haggard, who has five children, became the president of the National Association of Evangelicals in 2003. The preacher - who is also known as Pastor Ted - is one of America's most influential and politically well-connected religious leaders, says the BBC's Jane Little in Washington.

He has maintained close contacts with the White House and helped promote a conservative values platform. His resignation comes as a blow for Republicans, who are hoping to energise a demoralised Christian base ahead of mid-term elections, our correspondent says.

lol

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    oh what a surprise

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    He probably did it for the right reasons.
    (unlike those other sinners)

or as in teen farting humor - " he who preached it did it" (or something like that )

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    So some guy accused him of the gay stuff, so he did it? Nice time for it to come out when the elections are around the corner.

As the brats say.......mEH.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Cult leader is a hypocrite.

Now that's what I call news.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    So some guy accused him of the gay stuff, so he did it?
    From what I heard on the news this morning it seems he is admitting pretty much everything now.

I felt so sorry for his wife and kids the other day sat there when he was in his car being questioned by the reporter, his wife sat between them having the questions asked across her. I'm sure there are those that will blame the reporter, but he should have either said no comment or got out of the car.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    So some guy accused him of the gay stuff, so he did it?
    From what I heard on the news this morning it seems he is admitting pretty much everything now.

I felt so sorry for his wife and kids the other day sat there when he was in his car being questioned by the reporter, his wife sat between them having the questions asked across her. I'm sure there are those that will blame the reporter, but he should have either said no comment or got out of the car.
    Funny he admitted that while on crystal meth he had the gay prostitute give him a massage.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Perhaps the drug and massage combination were to create a "balance"....in a Yin yang sort of way.

Apparently it was very deep muscular massage.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    How did he know what the homsexual did last night?............ he was there doing it with him.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    How did he know what the homsexual did last night?............ he was there doing it with him.
    Fucking hilarious!!!

Now I remember seeing him on TV before. You gotta love turnabout.

What a hypocrite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast