Thread: retention

i use verizon and i recently got a nzb for a music cd from this site from 10/31/06 and when i loaded it into newsleecher it just said no such article. does that mean it was not on the server or am i doing something wrong? TIA

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Last recall theyre retention was low and completion wasnt good also. In addition they have certain groups that they dont carry. Could be wrong about this but recall they were on the bottom as far as ISP servers go and even the better of the buch generally get around five days at best. Suggest you get a pay server. The best deal is NewsHosting and the site gets a refferal if you signup with our refferal link...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    thank you

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    i also use verizon....retention is 7 days...unlimited downloads though so i just stay on top of everything i want

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    what client do you use with verizon? i use torrentleech and it seems to only pull up stuff about 9 days ago. matbe its me, im very new to newgroups.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    i use grabit...i also use newsleecher sometimes as well......like i said you can only grab nzb's, posts, extc up to 7 days old or else when you try to d/l it will just come up as text documents, or say article not found or something along those lines.

For most people they would want way more than 7 days...but i just stay on top of everything i want and hardly ever miss anything

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fartmonger View Post
    what client do you use with verizon? i use torrentleech and it seems to only pull up stuff about 9 days ago. matbe its me, im very new to newgroups.
    I use Newshosting's NHXL plan it has 80+ day retention using NZBs, as far as clients are concerned, I like grabit and NZB-o-Matic, happy downloading

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    FriLock's Avatar Mr. Fantabulous
    Quote Originally Posted by digitrifecta View Post

I use Newshosting's NHXL plan it has 80+ day retention using NZBs, as far as clients are concerned, I like grabit and NZB-o-Matic, happy downloading

I just got my shirt from Newshosting, it is kewl I love their tag line "Our usenet is better than yours"

if anybody is looking for a new NSP Newshosting has the best deal for the money, their NHXL unlimited plan has 86d retention using NZBs even tho for some reason its not advertised