Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy Fawkes Night

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Burn everything.
    Enjoy you monarchy tollerant brits.

Guy Fawkes Night, more commonly known as Bonfire Night and Fireworks Night, is an annual celebration (but not a public holiday) on the evening of the 5th of November primarily in the United Kingdom, but also in erstwhile British colonies New Zealand, South Africa, the province of Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada), parts of the British Caribbean, and to some extent by their nationals abroad. Bonfire night was common in Australia until the 1980s, (but it was held on the Queen's Birthday long weekend in June).
    It celebrates the failure of the Gunpowder Plot, in which a group of CatholicRobert Catesby, attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London on the evening of 5 November 1605, when the Protestant King James I (James VI of Scotland) was within its walls. conspirators, led by one
    The celebrations, which in the United Kingdom take place in towns and villages across the country, involve fireworks displays and the building of bonfires, on which "guys", or dummies, representing Guy Fawkes, the most famous of the conspirators, are traditionally burnt. Before the fifth, children use the "guys" to beg for money with the chant "Penny for the guy".

2. Lounge   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If we are ever in England during this period we try to make it to the town of Lewes in Sussex on this night. The parade of the bonfire associations and then the displays make for a wonderful family evening and night.
    Whichever display one goes to after the parade, the standard of pyrotechnics is incredible. This is made even more amazing by the fact that they are free to watch.
    Alas it's been over 6 years since we were over at that time.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    In Lewes they normally burn effigies of the Pope, or something equally hilarious. I think last year they burnt an effigy of Bin Laden.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Last night, I texted my mate to see if him and his missus wanted to meet me and my missus at the pub for their firework display. He replied 'nah, fireworks are gay'.

I never thought of it like that before - he's right tho'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Install a fireworks screensaver and watch that. It's about as much fun plus you'll stay dry/unblown-up.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Last night, I texted my mate to see if him and his missus wanted to meet me and my missus at the pub for their firework display. He replied 'nah, fireworks are gay'.

I never thought of it like that before - he's right tho'.
    Fireworks are homo-erotic, big rockets shooting into the sky and exploding.

I hate them nonetheless. Me and the cat cower under the bed.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Install a fireworks screensaver and watch that. It's about as much fun plus you'll stay dry/unblown-up.
    Wish I'd thought of that but it's sage advice for next year.

Did you know that some people clap when they see fireworks? What a strange thing to do.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    fireworks are for lesbians who can't afford to pay their tv license

9. Lounge   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    fireworks are for lesbians who can't afford to pay their tv license
    Word i hate bonfire night what a waste of money....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Someone fecked up at our local pub display and blew all the windows at the back of the pub in

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast