Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes..

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I don't want to download the torrent of it, because it dosn't look very reliable..so I was wondering if its worth the 50$ at the store. I'm a big fan of RTS's..and WW2. Therefor when the two are crammed together I go nuts.

Or am I just seeing the wrong torrents....

2. Games   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I downloaded this one: Company.of.Heroes-LOADiNG.torrent and it was fine.

If you ask me, it's a glorified Command and Conquer. Big dissapointment for me, and I had it uninstalled and in the trash can within 48 hours.

yo

3. Games   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

If you ask me, it's a glorified Command and Conquer. Big dissapointment for me, and I had it uninstalled and in the trash can within 48 hours.
    how was it so bad 4 u? i've read and have been told it's a GREAT game. it's in my que, but just not dl'ed yet...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Games   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

how was it so bad 4 u? i've read and have been told it's a GREAT game. it's in my que, but just not dl'ed yet...
    First off, I didn't do my homework and thought it was a FPS.

I like some RTS games. I was a huge Age of Empires fan, but this game to me was just boring. There are very few upgrades, and the way they have to be done excludes you from 2/3 of the rest of the game. It's like a choose your own adventure.

I couldn't help but sit there playing and thinking about all the ways that the game was limiting what I could do. The game forces you to command different forces at a time, instead of being able to control all of your guys.

Plus, I couldn't even do a lot of experimentation because even on the easiest level, the computer will KICK YOUR ASS so fast you can't hardly explore or learn what you're doing. I found this complaint in several gaming forums and this one as well.

I just didn't like it.

There were a few features that were nice to explore. The ability to zoom the camera in and out (and I mean ZOOM!) and the ability to "free look" (Turn and look around). both were things I had never seen in an RTS.

yo

5. Games   -   #5
    oh. i thought there'd be a little more micro-managing involved. guy @ work loved it. beat it. recommends me it. i'll dl it when i got time, but that seems sad that the game pretty much plays 4 itself rather than u. guess the game just sells on grafx which is sad. i like nice grafx, but i'm old school gamer. i prefer gameplay over rainbows and water efx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

6. Games   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    oh. i thought there'd be a little more micro-managing involved. guy @ work loved it. beat it. recommends me it. i'll dl it when i got time, but that seems sad that the game pretty much plays 4 itself rather than u. guess the game just sells on grafx which is sad. i like nice grafx, but i'm old school gamer. i prefer gameplay over rainbows and water efx.
    Give it a try, you might like it.

yo

7. Games   -   #7
    pwnz0r
    I beat the game after downloading it a few weeks ago...If you like RTS's with alot of strategy and not as much variety as far as units then you will like this. But if you like being able to upgrade and use a large variety of units you will probably get bored.

8. Games   -   #8
    i'm currently on the 2nd mission and i like it so far. pretty graphic for a rts. i like watching the troops fight head on and taking bullets. bloody!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. Games   -   #9
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Just started playing this and is great fun,very graphic and not that hard if you do the tutorials and use your brains.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Games   -   #10
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    you won't regret if you play it.it's the best ww2 rts game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast