Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Problem

Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    I have windows xp pro sp2 activated. Now today when I try to logon a messege pops up telling me I need to activate windows before I can logon. So I click yes to activate it (again), then another message pops up telling me it's already activated. But then it just sends me back to the logon screen and gives me the same message that I have to activate windows before I can Logon.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    If you're OS is legit. Call M$ support.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    Yeah it is. Alright I will.

Edit: they didn't help much.
    Last edited by Zequabie; 11-07-2006 at 11:08 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequabie View Post
    Yeah it is. Alright I will.

Edit: they didn't help much.
    What did they say?

try going to run---> msconfig then after that see if you can find that popup screen in the startup files and disable it.

if windows is already activated its more than likely just a small glitch in your copy of windows
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    @Aaron_T, They told me to call dell, then dell told me to call microsoft(the run around). I can't logon to my user account so I can't try what you suggested.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If its legal get Microsoft on the phone , have your key handy and tell them your problem . Can't see why they won't help unless you have a cracked copy ,Tell them you may have downloaded a faulty winupdate !

No wonder everyone recommends a Corporate Version .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    I don't have a key because I didnt install it, the company I buy the comp from years ago did. I only have a recovery disk. I mean it's windows but basically I could only do a fresh install. I'm trying to avoid that (lose files). Plus, If I do, how I know the problem validation problem won't occur again.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If that's the case Microsoft has a remedy for that called buy new software .

JK you should have a sticker on your machine with a code that should help you validate your copy . A lot of dishonest stores cased just this problem and that's why Genuine Advantage came about ( Sure it did ) .

Get someone with more patience to call for you while your sitting there, its a lot easier . Been there got the T-shirt .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Microsoft won't support an OEM install. Only the computer maker can help (or not).

I'm trying to avoid that (lose files). Plus, If I do, how I know the problem validation problem won't occur again.
    Recover your files before reinstalling. Try safemode. If you use the Corp Edition then you won't ever have activation problems.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Zequabie's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    If that's the case Microsoft has a remedy for that called buy new software .

JK you should have a sticker on your machine with a code that should help you validate your copy . A lot of dishonest stores cased just this problem and that's why Genuine Advantage came about ( Sure it did ) .

Get someone with more patience to call for you while your sitting there, its a lot easier . Been there got the T-shirt .
    I just tried to logon in safe mode, and it let me with no problem. It didnt even ask me to activate. So evidently I can logon in safe mode but not in normal mode... this is Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast