Thread: another one

stern80's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i've got these to trade

sct account
    revolt account
    exigo account
    Never Give Up!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    pm'ed

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by torrenttrader View Post
    pm'ed
    you dont have to be writing pmed everytime.only do that if the user's inbox is full.
    Never Give Up!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    yeah i was always wondering what is the practical reason of doing that. besides increasing your postcount of course (aka SPAM)

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    spam!?! didnt u just "spam" the MB by typing what you typed? arent we all spamming the MB by asking/trading something?

SPAM
    Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems.

Email spam targets individual users with direct mail messages. Email spam lists are often created by scanning Usenet postings, stealing Internet mailing lists, or searching the Web for addresses. Email spams typically cost users money out-of-pocket to receive. Many people - anyone with measured phone service - read or receive their mail while the meter is running, so to speak. Spam costs them additional money. On top of that, it costs money for ISPs and online services to transmit spam, and these costs are transmitted directly to subscribers.

One particularly nasty variant of email spam is sending spam to mailing lists (public or private email discussion forums.) Because many mailing lists limit activity to their subscribers, spammers will use automated tools to subscribe to as many mailing lists as possible, so that they can grab the lists of addresses, or use the mailing list as a direct target for their attacks.
    Last edited by torrentslave; 11-08-2006 at 12:59 PM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    ok, so lets rephrase a bit.

who does the rich content of your previous post actually help?

1. the guy you pmed?

nope. he already gets a pop-up whenever he recieves a new private message, so he most likely KNOWS when he's got a pm without having the need to read it from his own thread

2. the others reading the thread?

they couldnt care less

EDIT: i was talking about the forum-spam definition, not the usenet/email one you just copy-pasted. you might want to get into that . also, double posting is also considered spam, and i say this because i see you love to double-post
    Last edited by syD; 11-08-2006 at 01:12 PM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    i think it would be best for everyone to get back on topic...

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    i think most of the posts in the threads of this section are off-topic, since the trades are always done via pm anyway.

offtopic is not necessarily bad, spam is

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    i think it would be best for everyone to get back on topic...
    absolutely correct
    Never Give Up!