Thread: Nvidia Unveils GeForce 8800 and nForce 680i

frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    New flagship GPU the most powerful, ever.

US, November 8, 2006 - Today Nvidia took the veil off the long anticipated GeForce 8800 GPU and the nForce 680i SLI MCP. The GeForce 8800 is the successor to the half-step GeForce 7950 product family, and is the first fully graphics processor to fully support Microsoft's DirectX 10, the API expected to user in Windows Vista and a new era of high-end graphics for PC gaming.

The nForce 680i SLI media and communications processor (MCP) will be the heart of motherboards designed specifically for the expanded processing power capable via pairing the new Intel Core 2 Quad CPUs with multiple GeForce 8800s. Expanded thoroughput and overclocking capabilities, as well as the addition of a third PCIe graphics card slot will usher in an age of tri-GPU gaming at the highest end.

The two initial versions of the GPU chipset, the GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GTS, will offer 128 and 96 stream processors, core clocks of 575MHz and 500MHz, shader-engine clocks of 1350MHz and 1200MHz, respectively. Both versions of the card will be SLI ready and able to produce 16x full-screen antialiasing and 128-bit floating-point HDR. The GTS edition will make use of 640 MB of onboard ram, whereas the GTX will be rocking 768 MB of DDR4.

Previous reports of a manufacturing defect effecting the 8800 GTX cards shipped last week have apparently been addressed by Nvidia and the effected cards recalled. As things now stand, Nvidia has jumped ahead of arch rival ATI by releasing a Direct X 10 GPU. ATI has a competing card in the works, but things stand at this particular moment, Nvidia is once again standing tall with the most powerful GPU available. Price will range from $449 for the GTS and $599 for the GTX edition.

those prices are bit like the ps3.

Source: http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/744/744902p1.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ...and $699 for the water cooled 8800 GTX.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    My GForce2 MX400 is looking sadder and sadder every day.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dvhrld View Post
    My GForce2 MX400 is looking sadder and sadder every day.
    i'm just asking.. why in the hell did u ever get that card? maybe ur poor... idk, but there were defiantly better cards for not much price difference. maybe now it's time to upgrade? u can get a crazy better card now for cheap. or maybe u just surf the net? good times.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503